Multipule futures account under one person (one SSN?)

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by GordonTheGekko, Nov 1, 2011.

1. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

I'm aware that a US citizen may only have one margin account... is this the same with futures? If I switch brokers, and I can only have one, then that means no trading for a day or so :/

2. ASE1245

ASE1245

There is no rule against have more than one margin, cash or futures account. You can have as many as you can open and fund.

3. bone

bone

You can have a futures account with a US FCM and have a large number of sub-accounts, each with it's own account number and risk settings.

This is how prop futurestrading groups work. Chicago FCMs do it all the time. I personally have mine set up like that at present.

4. JamesL

JamesL

Not so. That is just some ETrade bs (they are the only ones I know of that restrict multiple accounts).

I currently have 2 futures only accounts, one fx only, 3 multi-asset brokers and 2 equities only brokers, all with margin. (each has their own function, some as backup brokers and some for swing trading). And to top it off, IB, one of my brokers, I have 2 different margin accounts - one sits on the US servers and the other on the Hong Kong servers. There is no restrictions on my trading activity.

Your information is wrong.

5. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Thanks for the info...

6. Bob111

Bob111

you can have as many as you like. even with same broker shouldn't be a problem.