Multiple Timeframes

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by slavduja, Mar 17, 2011.

1. slavduja

slavduja

True. unless each watch had one handle.
    One watch showing the hour, another minute and another second, combined you have increased your precision of timing.

#31     Mar 26, 2011
  2. That's the dumbest thing i've ever read and has nothing to do with trading.

#32     Mar 26, 2011
  3. ammo

ammo

wallace, have you studied using the 7-10 est timeframe as 1 timeframe and the rest of the day as another

#33     Mar 27, 2011
  4. Jaba

Jaba

I agree 100% with that.

J

#34     Mar 27, 2011
  5. hi ammo: no
    if you're referencing your question to 'best trading hours', while the majority of the
    trading volume occurs during those hours, I don't associate end/start of trends or
    large price moves with those hours or the volume

attached displays green v line between 6-7am est, red v line between 10-11am est
    on 60 min eurusd chart, similar can be found for es

#35     Mar 27, 2011
  6. ammo

ammo

i was hoping you would figure a way to tweek and look at it.i am one of the guys who couldn't set up the vcr

#36     Mar 27, 2011
  7. you're not alone there, me, it's trying to set the correct time on my cell phone

re trading profitability, 2 accounts: intraday/scalp but Day-to-Days trade particularly
    with fx as there's no increase in margin for o/n trades

#37     Mar 27, 2011
  8. ammo

ammo

rarely daytrade,when i do ,the rust shows,just trade the s/r #s and hang on for the ride trying not to close position's early

#38     Mar 27, 2011
  9. I recommend that you read: Technical Analysis -- Using Multiple Timeframes by Brian Shannon....it's really expensive however...I photocopied the entire book from a friend of mine that purchased it. I found it to be very helpful.

#39     Mar 27, 2011
  10. Gcapman

Gcapman

LoL

I still have problems loading up my brand-spanking new 8-Track

:p

#40     Mar 28, 2011