Multiple time frames....bad for me?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cashmoney69, Jul 6, 2008.

1. You have obviously looked at my postings JJ but you have not read them.
    I do not trade for 3-4 tics at a time, the net outcome is a lot more robust than that.
    I do however enter always with a 3 tic stop because I always enter the same way. Once in the market I drag my stop with me until I exit as a separate decision.

My fast screen is my HUD. A longer frame can provide nothing more that I need.
    If it could then I would code it into my only screen and it would present itself just ahead of the appropriate moment.

Presented correctly, the ES order flow is highly repetitive and therefore predictable.
    The reason you use more than one frame is because you neither believe me and cannot see it for yourself.

regards
    f9

#51     Jul 9, 2008
  2. Yeah, I know, another genius trader who can call every market turn ... LOL :p

That's why I nailed the downturn the other day and you were looking for support. :eek:

Cheers! :D

#52     Jul 9, 2008

3. Not another quote from a trading book!! If some of you people spent as much time on the screen as you do reading trading books, you might actually understand what I and others do and where we are coming from. :D

----------------------------

Re: “Anyone doubting shorts there hadn't been around for any length of time.”

My point exactly. The ones pretending to know the most here on this thread were screaming to stay long on the quoted thread. I simply demonstrated they are clueless and should not be dispensing advice to unsuspecting people on the premise they are knowledgeable when their actions dictate otherwise.

---------------------------

Re: “No offense to you or anyone, but it's not like it was a miracle call.”

Agreed, this again, makes my point. For the record, I never made any claim to have called the top. Therefore, I ask those who respond to correctly quote what I actually wrote, not what you or anyone thought I may have wrote. That said, I simply responded to ammo when he stated he was short and asked for an opinion. However, I was already short when he posted. Today, I simply used that discussion as an example to show that those claiming their methods are “more efficient, easier, and similar” within this thread that they were, and still are, clueless to the core, and as the latest rant shows, brave as befits their intellect.

-------------------------

I think perhaps you missed the intent of my posting. I simply made a demonstration which you unwittingly bolstered. Note that I did not embellish or twist the quotes in any way, nor did I take them out of context. I gave a link so everyone could see the entire series of events. When someone makes a wild claim that their way is more efficient, easier, and yet similar, when in fact they couldn’t correctly call a winner at a pissing contest during a beer party. As such, given their history, I’m going to call them on it. If that offends you or others, so be it. Again, I made no accusations; I simply quoted what took place.

As for you personally, if you wish to discuss trading multiple time frames, I have no issues with that. But I ask that you, or anyone else for that matter, be prepared and make your point on merit; your simply saying it’s so doesn’t make it so. No proof, no merit. Fair enough?

Regards,

st

#53     Jul 9, 2008
  4. Nope, you're a stalker.

In fact my new name for you is stalker trader.

But I'll be happy to "prove something to you over the interent".

LOL, that concept in itself is the most laughable of all.

Nevertheless, look forward to it.

P.S. Since you're hunting down PnL's, and you've posted yours, I've posted mine, austinp has posted his ... oh yeah, we're missing fearless9's posts.

But that's OK, I'll take his word for it. :D :D :D

#54     Jul 9, 2008
  5. Piscuy

Piscuy

Agree with you 100%, trading is simple and the simpler you keep it the better your odds. I use one chart and thats it, same chart day in and day out.

P.

#55     Jul 9, 2008
  6. I highly doubt you agree with ST 100% as you also claim you use a holy grail indicator that catches every market turn and ST uses none.

Pfttt.

Susana

#56     Jul 9, 2008
  7. <i>" Larger fractals are effective at finding major areas of support and resistance, and that is where using different fractals ends. Entries and exits should be taken from one time frame only."</i>

Exactly right. Larger "fractal" chart, anchor chart, filter chart, etc is the forest view.

Smaller chart is the view of trees. All trade signals come from smaller chart when watching more than one. I spend 95% of my time looking at one chart... but the remaining 5% time spent glimpsing at a larger chart is informative at critical points.

The longer I'm at this game, the more open minded I become. We all see = interpret data differently. Whatever works for you, stick with that.

fwiw, I have seen a seven-figure ES trader relying on two charts. I'm sure there are some who trade with one or even none.

#57     Jul 9, 2008

8. Hey, I'd use a Holy Grail indicator if I had one!!!!!! LOL!!!!! Unfortunately I don't, therefore I am reduced to doing it the inefficient, harder, old fashioned way…….one tick at a time…………

Then again, I do rely on Holy Grail over on the P&F thread from time to time....the guy is actually quite good! Does that count? :confused:

st

#58     Jul 9, 2008
  9. If you guys are still struggling with methodological issues, you have a long long long way to go before you can see consistent money. You are still in a deep deep deep rain forest. I bet you will have another 2 years struggling in the forest.

To OP:
    How many years have you traded?

#59     Jul 9, 2008

10. Agreed. For the record, and I know I have stated this before but there are those who only halfass listen, so I’ll say it again, I do use larger timeframes to mark major S/R areas. But I once I mark my CVB chart with those areas, I never look at them again.

I personally know a guy who has been trading for years using nothing but Level 3. He too looks at S/R areas before market opening and then looks at nothing else during the day except his level 3. And he is way into the seven figure club, year after year. The guy is a money making machine.

It’s not that I am against any certain method of using data; it’s the manner in which obvious bullshit artists wish to present it. The way it has been presented to date within this thread will most certainly have you going against the larger chart at least 25% of the time at best.

Oh, and by the way, a forest won’t fall on you, but a tree will! Know where the forest is, but watch out for those trees!!!

I'm not headstrong; I just detest bullshit that passes down to the unsuspecting. If the best argument one can come up with are intimidation tactics or "it works for me," and then they can't back it up, I've been known to stir the pot, so to speak. :)

st

#60     Jul 9, 2008