Multiple systems at the same time

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by elit, Oct 24, 2006.

1. 1. I am trading it on more than 50 markets, draw your own conclusions
    2. With you? After reading (this thread)? No.

#51     Nov 2, 2006
  2. You must have already guessed my conclusion, particularly about your trading a system over 50 markets. You guess is correct this time. Bye! :D

#52     Nov 2, 2006
  3. Combining Strategy A with negatively correlated Strategy B sounds like a nice way to improve results. If strategy A is the trading system Sled and Strategy B is WinkB then their combination is probably a joy to behold.

#53     Nov 2, 2006
  4. i would kill to have that sharpe. best system i ever made had better PF and win rate, but that sharpe is amazing.

#54     Nov 2, 2006
  5. man

man

i have an apple and can't unzip it. what is the
    sharpe reading? thnx.

#55     Nov 3, 2006
  6. #56     Nov 3, 2006
  7. man

man

too kind. yet the downloaded version does not
    recognise the file. mind just telling me the sharpe?

#57     Nov 3, 2006
  8. I've been reading this thread with great interest and have a question about correlations. Are there any concerns that correlations might be sensitive to the frequency chosen (e.g. days, weeks, months etc.)? In theory it's possible to have a negative correlation using daily returns, but a positive correlation using weekly returns. I would assume that this would be very rare in practice though. Is there any relation between correlations and frequency, e.g. that correlations tend to get stronger as the frequency increases?

#59     Nov 5, 2006