multiple personalities help traders, or not?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by qdz3se, Mar 23, 2006.

multiple personalities help?

1. yes

11 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. no

13 vote(s)
    54.2%
  1. qdz3se

qdz3se

I knew this successful trader for some years but just realized he has multiple personalities. It makes me start to wonder if this is actually one of the secrete ingredients of his success. So my question is to you is do you believe in multiple personalities?

2. You "just realized"?
    What do you mean , for a start..........

3. Multiple Personalities.........

Okay.......

.... Well, lets just say it IS a part of his success....

How in the world would ET members telling you if it does or it doesn't help your or my, or anyone's trading?

4. volente_00

volente_00

Was his name rubberbird ?

5. lol definitely the funniest thing ive read all day nice one volente

6. I have multiple ET personalities and so do many others!

7. A la NLP, I have carefully constructed multi-dimensionally orthogonal personalities for working, trading, screwing and drinking, to mention just a few. The problem is that the brain's unavoidable cross-wiring causes a winning trade to give me an orgasm. And I think of trading when I'm having sex.

8. zdreg

zdreg

lucky for you, you have few winning trades. otherwise you would be enervated to the point where you would be unable to get out of bed.:D

9. Cheese

Cheese

This is simple. You have to be one. One only.

If you come into this business in various gradations of being a loser, carefully hidden or not, trading will keep smacking you around like reject debris on the tide.

If you are or become an outright big time winner you will be taking no prisoners. Your image can be that of a bright faced hard eyed go-getter or that of someone who can cruise along with soft looks and smooth talk.

But you will know exactly who you are.
    :)

10. I find that multiple personalities can be useful for hedging and straddles.

Greed on one shoulder, fear on the other.

#10     Mar 24, 2006