Multiple Internet Connections; One box

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by richtrader, Nov 14, 2002.

1. I am in the process of switching my account to IB, but have found out that TWS does not work behind a corporate firewall without having port 4000 open or running some kind of HTTP-Tunnel.

So, I have implemented a solution where I purchased a low-cost ISP and am using my cell phone as a modem (19200bps, so it's not horrible). However, my realtime data feed works fine from behind the firewall and is way too much for the 19200 to handle. The problem is that the browser and data software seem to use the modem connection by default, and not the existing LAN connection.

Does anyone know of a way to specify which existing internet connection should be used so that I can get the datafeed working on the LAN connection and TWS working on the modem?

Thanks very much,

Rich

2. nitro

nitro

LMAO,

Now I have heard it all.

nitro

3. 2 computers?

4. you are the supposed networking expert judging by your debate with dottom. i surely thought you could come up with a better answer than this.

5. opm8

opm8

What exactly are you reasons for not http tunneling? It would solve all your problems at once. Install something like http-proxy or Loophole Server and get your feed from your home internet connection. If you need you can also install SocksCap and then practically anything will tunnel thru the corporate firewall. It's what I do.

--opm8

6. nitro

nitro

Coorporate firewalls are there for a reason.

I would feel that I would betray my ex-profession by trying to help you get around your employers policy's.

nitro

7. Thanks very much for your response. The reason is that I don't like how HTTP-TUNNEL.COM will show up repeatedly in the corporate proxy log. As a consultant there, it would not be good for my future. :)

I think I will just bring in my laptop or get a second computer, as vhen suggested.

Thanks again.

8. nu-guy

nu-guy

Richtrader,
    I'm in the process of just doing something like that myself. I'm basically in the same situation you're in.
    If you care to share I'm interested how you solved your problem.

TIA
    nu-guy