Multicharts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bidask, Jun 8, 2007.

1. bidask

bidask

Anyone use this? How does it compare to Tradestation?

2. It is not as good but it is only 499, and they keep improving it.

3. I found it was slow as hell. Opening a chart, clicking through the dialogues, clicking an OK button ... all these basic operations seemed strangely laggy although I use a 2gb ram/Fast CPU computer.

4. bidask

bidask

wealthlab was slow like hell for me. is there a real alternative to tradestation?

5. WD40

WD40

MultiCharts is owned by a bunch of Russians.
    They have no concept of customer service; if you ask a question They don't like, they will tell you to go take a hike.
    Really. If you don't believe me, go read their customer forum.

6. tortoise

tortoise

Wow. I must be using a different MultiCharts. I've run MultiCharts side-by-side with TradeStation for about four months now and my screen real estate devoted to TradeStation gets smaller and smaller while my MultiCharts windows take over. I notice no speed differential between TradeStation and MultiCharts -- and the latest MultiCharts release (now out in beta) is designed to make full use of multiple cores for such processor-intensive activities as optimization (TradeStation is not so designed -- read the fine print on their website).

Customer service is, in my experience, head-and-shoulders over TradeStation: The MC staff goes out of its way, it seems.

Bottom line: MC has had a measureable, positive impact on my bottom line. I can't imagine trading without it.

7. http://www.tickquest.com

8. Hi
    Can multicharts generate autotrade signal to IB TWS based on a chart (paint bar trigger).
    Let us say CCI combined with Macd ? or Bar high hitting Leltner Band?
    Stoch hitting 75-80 % .... like that.
    I have not used Tradestation.I do not want to change broker to TS .I have no programming experience to set up DLL etc.I use Quote tracker.
    I need to auto mate my trading.
    I dont want to scan.Just say my usual 20 heavy weight stocks in the trading window with charts Open (kept reduced)
    Would you describe your experience with multicharts in auto trading?

9. bidask

bidask

does multicharts have all of the easylanguage functions?

10. There are a few missing. You can hit the forums and see which one they are...

One that comes to mind is SetPercentTrailing

All of the TS ELD files I have imported and compiled work fine....

#10     Jun 9, 2007