Multicharts...???

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by jammy page, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Hello BlowFish,

Unfortunately we don't have any auto-trading related complaints apart form the following:

1. No Stop and Limit orders
    2. No possibility to trade the same symbol from different charts
    3. Jumpy charts. This bug rarely manifests itself, though.

Could you please specify which bugs cause problems in 2.1 release?

Thank you.

Best regards.

#41     Oct 30, 2007
  2. Hello maxpi,

When working on MultiCharts further we will certainly keep in mind that the symbol list management must be flexible.

Regards.

#42     Oct 30, 2007
  3. maxpi

maxpi

even the guy using IB data limited to 40 symbols is going to feel the pain if he changes the set frequently...or once even...

If you could develope two models for adding/connecting symbols, one that worked from a template and mass-added huge lists and one that allowed the power/flexibility currently available for the individual symbols, you would be way, way ahead of the game...

#43     Oct 30, 2007
  4. Hello maxpi,

Could you please describe in more details how you would like to see it implemented?

Thank you for your help.

#44     Oct 31, 2007
  5. maxpi

maxpi

Essentially I want the computer working for me instead of the other way around.... it's a philosophical thing I developed after working with computers for 3+ decades.

I screen with an online screener that outputs to an excel file... I would like to copy all the symbols from excel and paste them into the quote page and have a template in place that specified my settings for the data provider and have the computer put the symbols in the quote manager automatically and transparently to me... just set up the template and forever after that just cut and paste the symbols and wait for the download... Currently that is how easy it is with Tradestation but it's natural for them since they are the data provider and the "template" is therefore permanently in place for that operation...

If somebody wanted to add symbols with a different template, maybe there could be several templates they could fill out... if they wanted to add every symbol manually, fine, allow that choice too....

#45     Oct 31, 2007
  6. Tums

Tums

since MC already has a powerful engine (as demonstrated in the <a href="http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1610998&highlight=optimization#post1610998" target="_blank">optimization benchmark</a>), the addition of the feature you described will put MC on the top of the trading software foodchain.

#46     Oct 31, 2007
  7. What's up with Neoticker and the outrageously slow optimization calcs ?

#47     Oct 31, 2007