Multicharts...???

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by jammy page, Oct 24, 2007.

1. maxpi

maxpi

Here's a reco: http://iherb.stores.yahoo.net/neuro.html

#31     Oct 26, 2007
  2. Can anyone tell me how well the Multicharts autotrading works right now?

#32     Oct 26, 2007
  3. Quote Page - Radar Screen - or whateve you call it. I'm antsy waiting on that one.

#33     Oct 26, 2007
  4. Hello maxpi,

All the above is possible. There are no differences in the way trendlines work in the indicators.

Regards.

#34     Oct 29, 2007
  5. You're welcome jammy page.

#35     Oct 29, 2007
  6. Hello,

Auto-trading works fine if you don't mind the fact that all types of orders are transformed into market orders on the local machine at the moment when the order execution occurs.

Next MultiCharts version will support real Stop and Limit orders.

#36     Oct 29, 2007
  7. Hello,

QuotePage with indicators will be implemented in Q1 2008.

#37     Oct 29, 2007
  8. maxpi

maxpi

The thing about the quote page is that it is used to screen a list of 1000 stocks for some TA typically. There will have to be a way to mass-add symbols and get them connected. That was the hell about TS2000 radarscreen, changing out the symbol set was awful, they had to be added one at a time to the Global Server. I used to screen with a screener to get a set of 1000 symbols every weekend and then put them in Global Server. I used an external macro program to enter symbols and it still took hours.. With TS8 I could run the screener, output the symbol list to Excel and copy/paste to radarscreen and voila! I would have the data and the intraday screening would start...

#38     Oct 29, 2007
  9. MC has great potential that it is finally starting to realise, the support guys and gals are great (and in the past have had to be!) but I would hesitate to recommend it for automated trading.

In a nutshell its not robust enough. There are still numerous irritating bugs in basic functionality that have been there since day one. To be fair it improves with each release but that sometimes seems to be a slow pace. Actually imho 2.1, the current release, is the first one that is really worthy of being a release candidate. One of the reasons is that there is a tendency at TSsupport to go hell for leather adding new features when existing stuff could use more polish. I guess that allows them to 'tick boxes' on feature lists.

For me its a love hate relationship. Its great strength is that it compiles easy language and I really like EL for quickly prototyping ideas. Obviously there is a wealth of public domain stuff to draw on too. TS2000i was all that was available (in the UK) until quite recently.

I have to say most other things it does 'OK' but often with something that frustrates. I guess it all depends what you want to do - decide that - then search out the best tools to achieve it.

#39     Oct 30, 2007
  10. I'd be interested in this TS2000i clone if they implemented just one important feature missing from Tradestation:
    The ability within code to determine WHICHEXIT and WHICHENTRY were triggered for each trade.
    This would be enormously helpful in cases of multiple entries and exits.....for instance, knowing that particular a stop loss exit was triggered 3 times in a row.

#40     Oct 30, 2007