Multicharts with IB Feed / API

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by syswizard, Jun 4, 2012.

1. I'm about to pull the trigger and purchase MC and implement with my Interactive Brokers account.
    Any limitations or issues I should be aware of ?
    Does MC use the latest "gateway" i.e. no Java client is required ?

2. They are moving fast at MC regarding improvements/development.

Support is outstanding. Issues are addressed each day and taken care of as each release is posted.
    Support is there to answer questionns and they do so quickly.
    Also a new version of MC is in the works and that is MC.Net

It will be a new platform separate from the Main Platform now.

3. Given the speed of the current C++ based set of code, why would they go to a net-based platform ? Are they going to use Microsoft's Dot-Net dev platform ?

4. SMI

SMI ET Sponsor

Don't they have a trial that you can check out? If so I would strongly suggest that you do so. And, I would ask for an extension of the trial once the initial term runs out. Many of the items I encountered on the platform didn't arise until I started to really REALLY use the product. In my experience, it does the basics but once you start pushing too much, all the little idiosyncrasies and instabilities rear their ugly heads. The developers seem to be so intent on pushing the platform forward that they rarely stop to stabilize the existing feature set so that "power" users can have a good experience.

That's my 2-cents and my experience. Others have obviously had much better experiences.

I'm looking forward to seeing what 8.0 brings since I have 2 licenses that are more or less sitting around doing very little right now (other than a bit of futures portfolio testing in which the reports are very very suspect...)

5. Thanks SMI for that...I really don't want to waste any more time testing platforms, etc. I'm a survivor from the old TS2000i debacle by Bill Cruz. What a waste of time that platform was !

Hey, nice website....I signed up.

6. The most critical parts of MultiCharts are in C++. MultiCharts .NET will be different from regular MultiCharts in that you'll be able to use .NET dev environment for creating indicators and strategies, instead of regular PowerLanguage (EL-compatible).

Does that answer your question?

7. Perfect....and that makes sense.
    Having the whole dot-net framework at your beck and call makes for a powerful system dev tool.