MultiCharts with AMP System executing trades on its own?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by futurestraderNJ, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Wanted to post here, since this is at least the second time I have had this issue, and I wanted to see if anyone else had ever had similar issues. MultiCharts placed trades totally using up my margin with no auto strategies running or no manual executions on my part, utilizing all of my margin, and wiping out my account. 2nd time this has happened, and to add insult to injury, they charge crazy liquidation fees on top. Is this a scam MultiCharts and AMP are running? They seem genuinely interested in trying to diagnose what happened, but all systems logs seem to point to me and my system making these trades, so it seems highly unlikely I will receive a refund of the monies this craziness has cost me, because I don't have a strong legal case according to a few attorneys I have spoken with. If anyone has had similar issues, feel free to PM me to discuss.

2. KeLo

KeLo

Wow! I am using MultiCharts right now with IB. I don't recall that ever happening - except when I made a mistake.

I have never had an account with AMP, so I cannot comment on them.

Is it possible that you had a limit order (that you forgot about) resting in the book that got filled?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  3. Yeah, dealt with the trade desk last week when it happened and again today. They ran the logs, etc., but it hasn't been resolved yet. Meanwhile, I am out 30K+ in total from these issues.

4. algofy

algofy

Hmmm, so this happened to you the "first time" and you let it happen to you a "second time"? Smell test seems off on this one.

5. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

As you stated, AMP was working diligently to help you, but unfortunately all the logs files were deleted from your computer, so even MultiCharts support was unable to see any activity from your trading computer.

From our understanding, the MultiCharts Support was on your computer again today to recover your log files. They stated they will review and provide explanation/details to all transactions.

As always, AMP is here to assist our customers. Please be patient while MultiCharts support reviews the logs.

6. algofy

algofy

I've used AMP for years and never a problem. I've never used MC but AMP is solid.

7. That is good to hear. I hope this is resolved then. Like I said, they seem genuinely interested in resolving things. I just have never experienced anything like this in 15years of trading at a variety of firms.

8. I didn't exactly "let" it happen. They were in my system, insisted that this had never happened to anyone ever before, and seemed to be working ok afterwards, so I gave it another chance, and then all of a sudden today, my system went wonky and froze on me while it went crazy. The first time, I wasn't at my desk. This time I was on my system trying to get it to stop when it started.

9. I also want to make it clear I am not trying to speak badly about AMP or MultiCharts, since they seem genuinely interested in trying to figure out the issues. I am just trying to see if anyone has ever had something similar occur.

10. SkyChef

SkyChef

There is also a chance that your computer being breached which is also very hard for almost everyone to diagnose.

#10     Feb 12, 2018