Multicharts Vs. Motivewave

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by NextSpike, Aug 22, 2016.

1. NextSpike

NextSpike

I am switching to AMP Futures and as per my understanding they are offering free charting software. I have narrowed down myself to Multicharts or Motivewave. Please guide me which on is best for futures and stocks trading (Options, optional).

Thank you!

2. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

MultiCharts (.NET) provides full features.
    The Multicharts version allows programming, chart trading and DOM execution.

The AMP version of MotiveWave is the Professional Edition, which includes most of the features and is free. The only things it doesn't include is the Elliott Wave, Gartley, and Gann tools.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  3. Beware....the version that AMP provides for Multicharts is "out of the box" and NOT programmable....no custom indicators, no custom signals permitted.

4. Metamega

Metamega

5. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

No. It is not a lie, we have customers that did program on C# and are with AMP. Maybe @syswizard refers to the MultiCharts PowerLanguage which is removed and you need to purchase that separately(?). Also, most people are not programmers and use simple click and point features.

AMP_Futures likes this.
  6. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

This is incorrect statement by syswizard.

AMP's FREE Version is the full .NET version of MultiCharts, with only the Easy Language Editor removed. You can actually still import into AMP's Free Version already created easy language indicators and strategies, just the easy language editor is unavailable to develop new easy language indicators/strategies.

Yes, AMP's FREE Version of MultiCharts includes the ability to Develop indicators & strategies in C# and VB.NET

AMP's FREE version has all the available custom indicators and signals. (Right Click on any chart > Insert Study - you will see all the indicators/Signals & Custom Add-Ons).

You can test all the available features with a Free Demo: https://www.ampfutures.com/platforms/ampmc-net-free/

If you need any assistance, please contact our 24 hour help desk in real-time via Phone or Live CHAT: http://www.ampfutures.com/contact-us/

Happy Trading!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    MattZ likes this.
  7. NextSpike

NextSpike

Hi Guys,
    Thank you very much for your response. Unfortunately, I have to find an other broker as my application to open account with AMP wasn't successful due country of residence. But I have figured out that Multicharts is a best option. Though, I have TOS, it's marvelous as well for analysis, but I want a charting software which is connected to my trading account.

Thanks again guys!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016