Multicharts User Thread

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by GaryN, Aug 26, 2007.

1. AB is the fastest, however you'll be limited in length of backfill to a mere 30 days.

However, using Paul Mirandas jTWS dump app you can pull in all the OLDER data from IB and dump it into AB with ease.

It's an annoying workaround and one I wish tomasz would code into his IB data plugin. Allowing me the option to extend my data pull length to a much longer period (the max IB allows based on periodicity as set up when you create the initial database) would be nice....

Otherwise, aside fom that little minor detail, AB kills MC fo speed anyday of the week. Or weekend. LOL.

#41     Sep 25, 2007
  2. Giles I can send you a private version of IB plugin with extended backfill. Please contact me at support address. I am a little bit concerned about releasing it to the public because TWS is throttling backfills (about every 54 requests trigger a 3 minute delay).

#42     Sep 25, 2007
  3. You are the man. LOL.

#43     Sep 25, 2007
  4. 1 - You would be mistaken. I dont use an email address that has my name in it. I am certain that is how you attempted to match me...

I used the 2.1 Beta you just recently released.... on a Dual Core PC.

2 - No need for me to test your software any further. I made my decision.

3 - Thanks.

#44     Sep 26, 2007
  5. ET99

ET99

This is NOT entirely the truth.

Many vendors use IB datafeed with no problem. Multicharts often get stuck with Pacing Violation. Obviously Multicharts has a faulty algorithm that does not know how to work with IB's datafeed.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vSbgA1Xmpd4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vSbgA1Xmpd4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#45     Sep 26, 2007
  6. 1 - Not a problem, that mistake has been made before. I used to use that some 10 years ago, then the spam took over and I cancelled it....

2 - That could explain it. But my issue was more than just loading IB data slowdowns. I have started it up with just Local data, no Online data and it takes entirely too long to load the data in and plot the chart....

#46     Sep 26, 2007
  7. This video is EXACTLY how I feel while waiting for MC to plot a chart..

#47     Sep 26, 2007
  8. Which is why I love AB.

I can change periodicities and in a FLASH it will switch. Not is a minute or so. LOL (even if it is 30 seconds, thats tooooo long) AB is so fast it is in 1/10 of a second that I can see the newly reconfigured chart data.... switch from 1 min to 1 day and voila... DONE.... MC is slow.... Slow as molassas in this case. and if the Beta is 2x faster than I'll say slow as unpasteurized fresh vermont Maple syrup.

That is my pet peeve with MC. If ti was at least as fast as InvestorRT, I would have evne more so seriously considered it. Bottom Line, I no longer wanted to pay monthly fees. a Reasonable yearly fee is more up my alley. As in any businees Time AND Money matter waste either and you hurt your bottom line.

And thanks Tomasz for the new IB.dll plugin.... Yes pacing violations occur, but I am learning how to navigate it. I have been able to reconstruct a number of charts of lengthy data so far....

#48     Sep 26, 2007
  9. Ok. I'll check it out....

#49     Sep 26, 2007
  10. wiseass

wiseass

just wondering if MC has the time and sales function>

#50     Oct 8, 2007