Multicharts User Thread

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by GaryN, Aug 26, 2007.

1. GaryN

GaryN

Thanks for the code Tums. I do appreciate your help. My regional time is set for EST. I dont mean that its charting 9:30 bar and labeling it 10:30 bar. I meant the first twelve bars on a five minute chart are missing. The chart starts at 10:30 eastern time. Online chat is still offline.:mad:

#21     Sep 5, 2007
  2. Tums

Tums

Go to QuoteManager.

Right click on the symbol, a window will pop up. Select "Edit Symbol"

The "Edit Symbol" window will pop up. Choose "Sessions" tab.

check to see if the session template has the correct time.

#22     Sep 5, 2007
  3. Tums

Tums

MC online chat only runs till 2pm EST.

These guys are in Russia, they have gone to sleep.

#23     Sep 5, 2007
  4. Tums

Tums

MultiCharts optimization results.
    Looks pretty fast.

#24     Sep 19, 2007
  5. cosmic

cosmic

#25     Sep 19, 2007
  6. maxpi

maxpi

Soon to follow new release is scheduled to be a dll to enable trading from the indicator script.

#26     Sep 19, 2007
  7. vivimos

vivimos

I took a quick look at MultiCharts but was unable to find a quote window or time & sales. If not, is there an add-on that provides them?

#27     Sep 19, 2007
  8. maxpi

maxpi

A data window would be very nice too. I do a lot of research by scrolling across charts and with TS it is a LOT easier to set up the data window with a nice large font and sit back and arrow key my way through a chart reading the data window rather than trying to make out stuff off the chart.

#28     Sep 20, 2007
  9. i know that Multicharts can use globalserver as a data source. so.. say you have 2 years of tick data for ES in globalserver. Can MC access that data and plot it for system testing? I currently have the demo and have been able to plot real time data via gs.. but not historical.

if not.. then is there another solution? backfilling w/ IB is what - 2 or 3 days worth of data?
    thanks,
    bb

#29     Sep 21, 2007
  10. well, i don't think it's possible to access historical data in globalserver. at least i've been unable to accomplish it :(

i suppose i could export the data as an .xpo, then convert to ascii somehow(?), then import to quotemanager. sound like the way to go?
    sure would like to try the strategy testing capability :)
    i'm very unfamiliar w/ MC, so i'm prolly missing something here.

otherwise, i like what i see thus far. i'm thinking MC would be much easier for me to hook an ATS to IB with vs my current setup - ts2000i-metaserverRT-traderAssistant-IB.
    thats a lot of apps! lol (actually, it's been dependable)

for daytrading only, my setup works well. was glitch free during fomc too.

#30     Sep 22, 2007