Multicharts Question

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by elindydotcom, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Hi:

I'm evaluating multi-charts and have a couple of questions that maybe some users on here can answer. I can't post these questions in their support forum since I'm only a trial and tech support has provided answers of "NO" for them so I'm curious if there are work-arounds.

1. Just like tradestation, there is no support to "stop-limit" orders so stop orders are not resting on the exchange (CME,CBOT). Is there a work-around for this?

2. It looks like the price-mapping function from the datafeed to the broker feed needs to be hardcoded in the script for every symbol used. For example, if using TS as the data feed, TT as the broker amd ES as the TT tradeable instrument, the TS datafeed quotes price as 1095.50 and the TT datafeed expects price at 109550.00. So that translation needs to be hardcoded. Since we use many many symbols we don't want to have to do that in our script. Ideally is should be done in the UNDERLYING dialog box. Is there a workaround for this that does not involved hardcoding these values in our scripts?

3. I'm open to any issues you have run into with automation in general on this platform (version 5.5 and 6.) using TT and IB as brokers.

Thanks very much for any input.

-eLindy