Multicharts or Sierra? More info inside

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Kamstar, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Kamstar

Kamstar

So hello and thank you for having me on this forum. I started trading in february 2018 full-time, and I've fallen in love! I'm looking for advice to further learn and advance my skills. I just recently moved my money over to interactive brokers. I downloaded the workstation but I just cannot get used to the software. I've heard lots of great things and I would like some input on the platforms. If you have any suggestions even if they are different then what I've mentioned I'd greatly appreciate it. I mainly do stocks scalping, intraday, swing and in the future would like to learn options. I've also heard good things about jigsaw does anyone have any experience with them as I've been researching videos of DOM trading. Would also appreciate any insight on videos, books, mentors, classes etc. Thank you and happy trading :)

2. _eug_

_eug_

Sierra Chart is really nice to use and very cheap. I am not sure how it would be for stocks as it doesnt have any scanners but its really nice for futures. They also offer reasonably priced Data feeds with tick by tick data for futures.

3. fan27

fan27

Perhaps first clearly define what features you need in a platform for your style of trading and then see which platforms best meet your requirements.

4. Kamstar

Kamstar

Hello thank you for the reply. The features that I would like to have is access to simple TA, like RSI, MA etc. Ability to API to IB for live trading. Something with a nice clear interface preferably for equities and options. DOM and time of sales. Since I'm new and not experienced with any programming, a nice option would be something with basic entry/exit strategies. Also what _eug_ has mentioned scanners, but the ones I've used haven't been really helpful as I cannot get into the stocks fast enough, so maybe for future.

5. Kamstar

Kamstar

Ty for the input! I haven't looked into futures trading yet, and you're right I would like some type of scanner for the future once I learn how to set them up properly lol!

6. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

MultiCharts don't look back

7. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

You can customize Sierra Chart so much, you can make its DOM a better tool for scalping futures even than TT or Jigsaw. And the software is super lightweight. Multicharts might be fine for many users, but you just cannot customize the DOM as much as in Sierra, and it does not offer the features Sierra has already implemented (for example market by order, Level 3).

paultq likes this.