Multicharts from TSSupport

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by trillenium, Jul 14, 2006.

1. maxpi

maxpi

They need to add the spreadsheet application like Radarscreen in Tradestation. They were talking about it a year or two ago but I don't see it yet.

2. as an alternative to TradeStation, this product is an absolute bargain.

They have some very cool improvements and features in the pipeline for this summer that will make MultiCharts an extremely attractive analysis platform.

3. taowave

taowave

Is the Language identical to easylanguage or do they have their own programming language

4. mindfull

mindfull

Anyone attempting to use Multicharts should first realize it is somewhat 'raw'. You might want to go to their forum for a list of 'bugs'.

I started using it because I created a synthetic tick and needed this tick to be 'recognized' as a symbol. Multicharts allows you to define symbols using DDE as a feed.

I also use MC with globalserver and IB and it works admirably. The bare minimum of functions I use work well and thats what matters.

Some notes on their implementation of easylanguage. I actually transferred some indcators from TS and they worked nearly first time. The compiler however is very slow and does not generate true error messages just the line and column where errors occurred.