MultiCharts financial policy sucks and scary!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by sogodo, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you?

First, you most definitely are whining; in two threads nonetheless.

Second, I asked a question, no “opinion” was present. Do try and keep up. Is THAT clear?

Third, you WANTED the software, agreed to the price, read the purchase agreement, and bought the software in good faith. MultiCharts offered the software at a price you agreed to pay, and then delivered said software in good faith. Transaction completed in full. However, because you decide after the fact not to honor your commitment to MultiCharts and now want to back out of the transaction, you allegedly claim the transaction did not go through in your subjective opinion of being in a "timely" fashion. As such, you resort to slandering MultiCharts under the premise you didn't care for the vendor MultiCharts used for the transaction when MultiCharts rightfully did not allow you a refund. Does that about sum it up?

st

#41     Apr 10, 2008
  2. sogodo

sogodo

Thank you for your mis-interpretation, Stealth Trader. Why should I change the convenient picture created in your unprejudiced imagination? Let's keep everything just way you want it for your convenience, and conveniently miss the key important facts.
    I hope you would be Ok with that till the moment the same story happens to you.
    Of course, you're very different, and nothing similar could ever happen to you. Because you're so special that nothing even close can happen.
    Good luck, pal. Be cool.

#42     Apr 10, 2008
  3. sogodo

sogodo

04-11-08 04:21 AM

Quote from ProfLogic:
    Do you represent this company, or just operate by YOUR common sense?

Hey, is not it very clear from the very beginning that the software was never authorized and will never be authorized and/or locked to my computer. Of course, the rep perfectly realizes that.

I was the sysadmin and software developer in the past. You should not explain me how to lock or unlock anything, Ok?

Now, go ahead with your common sense, and tell me why the rep states that officially software license that I don't want touch by 6-foot pole is NOT TRANSFERABLE. He perfectly realizes that I never authorized or locked it to my computer. He knows that for sure and I made it absolutely very clear.

Let operate by facts, Ok? Applying common sense or rational logic here would be extremely difficult. And, please don't confuse good software developers with civilized western type management, Ok? These people do not give a damn about future client base, for real. They think the software whistles are everything.

It's so stupid to create totally f*cked system of protection to call russian auth. servers each 30 days, and at the same time claiming that it's impossible to protect or invalidate the license to keep money of client. What kind of software development and/or planning is that? Is it common sense?

I'm Ok with your opinion. Just don't baby talk here, please.
    Just apply the logic in the way you are in my boots, Ok.

Leaking asses don't help you with these guys. Never.

They can lock their software in any moment remotely, and extort more money they want, later, when you invested huge pile of time and efforts into your system.

Use your common sense for that.
    Prey that they gonna be always nice. If something strikes and they need money they can do everything they want.

Somebody mentioned that it is difficult to reach them in Russia. They use offshore front in Delaware they are operating thru. I don't need to go to Russia as somebody suggested.

#43     Apr 10, 2008
  4. tortoise

tortoise

For the record, I've been a MultiCharts customer for over a year. I've found their customer service to be exemplary. As for the product itself, well, I think it's the best, and I've used...

-- TradeStation
    -- AmiBroker
    -- Sierra
    -- Neoticker
    -- Ensign
    -- ESignal charts

From my experience, MC is in its own league.

#44     Apr 10, 2008
  5. sogodo

sogodo

Please can you comment on which of the mentioned products is the most slow and which has more bugs, out of your personal experience please.

I used the majority of the listed, too, plus would add also WLD, and web-based Open E Cry.

By the way, I love MultiCharts, but not for speed, because it's painfully slow. Probably, they are not very skillful in multithreading yet. Amibroker is much faster, from my experience, and supported by just 1 (ONE!) guy.

But I could tolerate that if do not find their financial management absolutely horrific. Try to buy something from them when their credit card processing partner has glitches (often) and then ask for refund. Make any normal human error -- shit happens from time to time. Use your own money. Don't except in return other products you don't need, even for free, and see what happens.

Also, wait. It is not time for adventures yet. The client base did not invest too much efforts and time yet and don't depend upon them too much yet. The black swan is still en route.

#45     Apr 11, 2008
  6. tortoise

tortoise

Well, MultiCharts has been in a beta stage until the release of 2.1. Until 2.1, it was the most bug-ridden of the group. No longer.

Now, it's fast and stable. Faster than TradeStation. Less buggy, too (actually, I've encountered zero bugs since 2.1, and I use this sucker continuously). As for comparing speed with, say, Neoticker -- don't know. MC is a hell of a lot faster than I can think/react, though.

#46     Apr 11, 2008
  7. It's obvious I should have written my response in crayon for you. Therefore, let’s break it down and do a recap, shall we?.............

MultiCharts offers a very generous 30 day free trial. The secure order page on MultiCharts website clearly has “Share*it!” at the top of the web page, In addition, below the personal information section on that same web page, it CLEARLY states the following: “Digital River GmbH (share-it!)" is the seller of the products in your shopping cart and your contractual partner.” Furthermore, it CLEARLY states at the bottom of the web page “Publisher: tSolutions LLC, Russia.”, not that their being Russian has any bearing whatsoever on the transaction unless you are a bigot.

Given the above information, you proceed as follows:

1. You decided you WANTED the software, agreed to the price, read the purchase agreement, and bought the software in good faith.

2. MultiCharts offered the software at a price you agreed to pay, and then delivered said software in good faith.

3. Transaction was completed in full. They have your money, you have a full working version of MultiCharts software that YOU wanted and agreed to acquire under the clearly written purchase agreement complete with Legal Notice, Privacy Statement, and Terms and Conditions of the purchase offering.

4. You then decide AFTER-THE-FACT not to honor your commitment to MultiCharts and now want to back out of the transaction. When MultiCharts rightfully did not allow you a refund, you resort to vicious slandering of MultiCharts and company under the ludicrous premise you didn't know ShareIt was MultiCharts vendor of choice for the credit card transaction, The fact that the credit card processor is a non-issue, notwithstanding, the MultiCharts order web page CLEARLY shows ShareIt as the seller of the product, not only as described above, but here in this link as well. http://www.tssupport.com/multicharts/purchase . Furthermore, complete information about Shareit is clearly linked at the bottom of the web order page as shown here:
    https://secure.shareit.com/shareit/...01348&random=e767d645124e6306b98272043cada692 . Perhaps you are bigoted towards Germans as well as Russians, and this is your true underlying motive.

5. Per ShareIt’s Terms and Conditions, note item number 2.4, which is CLEARLY located on the order web page vis this link: http://tinyurl.com/5yjj8c . “We will charge credit or debit cards on dispatch of the Product or commencement of Services. We reserve the right to verify credit or debit card payments prior to Acceptance.”

In summary, exactly which part of the above factual information as shown above was "mis-interpretation" on my part as you so boldly claim???

st

http://tinyurl.com/3ktk5j

Highlighted and marked in crayon for your convenience:
    http://i26.tinypic.com/9ghx04.jpg

#47     Apr 11, 2008
  8. sogodo

sogodo

No, being in the middle of transaction I received the phone call from fraud prevention dept of my bank about fraudulent activity in my account -- I never get such alarms before -- and it was triggered by shareit.com. After that I did my best to stop everything.
    It was impossible, and it was SCARY!

Probably, you have a lot of free time to read all these instructions. Are you paid for that too, or you are still trading?

I'm just average Joe, and did not read each freken' fineprint everywhere. Probably, I deserve to lose much more for that.

But I expected to find at least traces of understanding from company where
    I expect to be IN LIFE-TIME RELATIONSHOP WITH.
    In return, all I got are accusations in fraud! It's not exactly the dream-comes-true beginning of relationship, and it was quick and very tough.

I could be a good customer. But now I cannot. I'm not a tricky person.
    And, yes, I don't RTFM all the time.

So, in my circumstances, probably, everybody just gives his hard-earned $1000 away and swallowed accusation in fraud also.

I respect your interest in this company. You spent a lot of time crayoning all this for me.

But look, this discussion and even topic on the forum could not ever exist, if the support could at least be a little bit more humane. After all I'm not a fat cat, just because I live in USA, and I cannot afford to lose $1000 just by clicking a wrong button when I was distracted by phone alarm call. I was suggesting to compensate their $80 they pay to shareit.com from the very beginning. Nothing helped -- I was a fraudster for them!

#48     Apr 11, 2008
  9. #49     Apr 11, 2008
  10. maxpi

maxpi

They've been great to me. I've been a customer since about 1999 for various products, all of which worked fine, Multicharts included. I've lost my registration info and they got it to me with no problem and only the normal delay you might expect from a business. They are highest on my list of all vendors really...

I started a poll as to whether ET should bail out the OP in chit chat BTW...

#50     Apr 11, 2008