MultiCharts financial policy sucks and scary!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by sogodo, Apr 9, 2008.

1. No... what are you doing is trying to hurt their business by slandering. They have no reason to give you your money back. If they had a 30 day money back guarantee then yes you would have a valid point... but then where is the line... what if two weeks later someone decides they don't want to pay... what about two months later? I assume you are a mentally competent adult that is legally able to enter a binding contract so you need to be a man about it. Trying to bash what I consider to be a great company is just wrong. I looked like crazy for a good charting solution and this is it. I tried Metacharts, Neoticker, Esignal, Ensign, etc... and this is bar none the best.

Anyways you need to man up and stop bashing. Whats wrong with the Russians? They do a great job coding.

Good trade on the YM btw... I was in the same trade..:cool:

#21     Apr 10, 2008
  2. sogodo

sogodo

Even stock exchange reverses your wrong order, for example you enter 1000, and not 10 contracts by error (in default settings of DOM) if you contact them immediately (what I did in this case, with vendor)

Note that time frame between my purchase and cancellation. It was almost IMMEDIATE CANCELLATION. Why do you talk about 2 weeks or something?
    Even so, normal, sound businesses allow to do that, if they are not totally dieing or desperately after any money. Yes, many use some sort of protection clause, but these guys use all this for their own advantage. THEY LIE THAT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM TO SCRATCH THE LICENCE!!!!!

> I looked like crazy for a good charting
    > solution and this is it. I tried
    > Metacharts, Neoticker, Esignal,
    > Ensign, etc...
    > and this is bar none the best.

MultiCharts is not bad, just painfully slow from my experience -- if you really trade, but I scared away by the company already. I don't feel protected, rather being in a trap.
    I don't buy to be in a mercy of the future beautifulness when right now I'm hurt. And it's very expensive to invest your time and then switch back later, I need tens of years of normal relationship guaranteed ahead, and not just formalities -- kinda 2 seconds difference between click not click and you're trapped.

I'm not bashing. I'm operating BY FACTS, STRICTLY. Did you read what I wrote?

I don't care about nationality at all -- why do you imply all that? But, probably, there is some difference where you are better protected, in offshore zone, abroad, or in your own country.

What if force-majeure happend?
    You're always gonna be authorized on their servers, remember. it's your money.

>Good trade on the YM btw... I was in
    >the same trade..:cool:
    I see you use IB.
    Consider the Open E Cry -- good platform.

Among other software --
    C# based: NinjaTrader, future version of WLD.

All scripting languages are not so flexible and not object-oriented.

Just my 2 pennies.

#22     Apr 10, 2008
  3. asap

asap

i suppose that when you enter a trade and the trade goes against you call the broker to cancel the trade, dont you? and then you go the internet mb to whine about how unprofessional that broker was.

#23     Apr 10, 2008
  4. gttrader

gttrader

Having read through this thread I decided to seek professional advice from a friend and corporate attorney. Having appraised him of the facts of the case as described by yourself, he came to this conclusion:

Considering that:

a) You neglected to take the opportunity of a 30 day free evaluation period.

b) Willingly entered into a contract of purchase where it was clearly stated that “All purchase are final and no refund will be given”.

c) Then asked for a refund.

Your best chance of recourse is to sue the credit card company in question for negligently providing credit facilities to a person of unsound mind.

For some reason he was less than willing to take on the case.

#24     Apr 10, 2008
  5. sogodo

sogodo

#25     Apr 10, 2008
  6. maxpi

maxpi

Sogodo buddy

I have a copy or two of Tradestation 2000 that I can sell you for half what that nasty old Multicharts costs... I'll throw in some vintage data too.

#26     Apr 10, 2008
  7. sogodo

sogodo

No, thanks.
    I'm afraid I have to say goodbye to EasyLanguage-based platforms. With eSignal-based products you are locked in their datafeed, plus they increased price on datafeed on futures. Now, after MultiCharts team demonstrated their true face to customers, I'm done with that. I'm not saying that MultiCharts is nusty at all. They are probably more technically oriented ppl and don't give a damn about customers in the depth of their soul. They are just after money, that's it. Ppl are scared to lose their investments they did into time and libraries they created and customized using MultiCharts. I was cut off from the process from the very beginning, because, honestly, I felt like I could return back in the future, but not since now -- never ever!

I'm using Amibroker right now, and it's very fast -- much faster than MultiCharts, and a little bit faster then TS. It uses also very simple and trivial script language, but has less libraries available.

For now, I'm waiting to look at the new WLD (based on C# from scratch), and gonna use NinjaTrader.

Also, I use Open E Cry where the whole platform is web-based and rates for futures are very attractive, and even more attractive than IB for futures -- if you have at least $100K account with them.

#27     Apr 10, 2008
  8. sogodo

sogodo

No, but if some error occurs in datafeed (it happens in all exchanges from time to time) then the broker, later, automatically invalidates all your (even profitable) transactions with such a data. If you trade for a long you know that.

MultiCharts uses actually very shabby and non-reliable shareit.com. Read all complaints about the topic, and you can understand what I mean. A lot of transactions don't work. It is what exactly happens to me. MultiCharts even does not have normal relationship with this credit card processor. Charging us thousand dollars, MultiCharts cannot afford the normal credit card processing mechanism. I was trapped because of the error in the transaction. MultiCharts actually takes advantage on me, because if they refund (and they were obliged to do in this particular case), then shareit.com charges them $80 (from their own words). They prefer to f... the potential customer to losing their $80. My first contact with support was started with their accusing me in fraud! I was ready to compensate them $80, but not now. I'm talking out of my personal experience.

#28     Apr 10, 2008

9. Would you be whining if the transaction had gone through immediately? You obviously wanted the software or otherwise you would not have made the purchase. Therefore, other than the transaction allegedly not being credited as fast as you would have preferred, what exactly are you crying about?

st

#29     Apr 10, 2008
  10. opm8

opm8

My apologies -- I didn't realize that you were an idiot. Please disregard my advice.

#30     Apr 10, 2008