MultiCharts financial policy sucks and scary!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by sogodo, Apr 9, 2008.

1. sogodo

sogodo

thanks, I'll give it a try, too

#11     Apr 9, 2008
  2. sogodo

sogodo

I use another bank service, but it's cool.
    Will bear it in mind, thanks.
    May be mine has something similar -- I gonna ask them

#12     Apr 9, 2008
  3. TS Support Open Letter

The post below is an official open letter from TS Support addressed to the gentleman contributing to this forum under the nick of Sogodo as well as to those who have expressed a number of dishonest and unscrupulous ideas in this forum topic. We are not disclosing the name of this gentleman respecting his privacy. Nor are we publicizing the unacceptable threats our support representatives received from this person on LiveChat. The response below will be the only response for we do not wish to get involved into a futile debate. We want to provide the users with the unbiased and objective information that would allow them to make well-informed decisions. All further disputes with the aforementioned gentleman will continue in court.

1. As you can see, the availability of a considerable discount impaired Sogodo’s judgement and made him purchase a product that he did not need. We explained to Sogodo that we do not make refunds – which is clearly, explicitly and conspicuously stated on the company’s website. One reason for such a policy is that we lose money on each transaction (the costs incurred in the payment system). The other reason is that we provide the customers with a registration key as soon as the transaction has been confirmed. This key cannot be taken away. Our website is regulated by NFA and meets the American information integrity and openness standards. We also provide a fully-functional free 30-day trial – to allow the potential customers make an informed decision as to whether to purchase the program.

It is commonly known that programs distributed on-line are not subject to refunds because a refund would allow a customer to receive the money back and keep using the product for free. We have thousands of customers and have not encountered any such precedents over the 8 years of the company’s existence. We always pay a refund if there is a solid ground for such a course of action. Moreover, MCFX, another product developed by our company, allows refunds because the transaction costs are relatively low. Apart from that, MCFX can be blocked after a refund has been effected.

2. Yesterday, the aforementioned person called our customer support service and for an hour kept making attempts to exert pressure on the customer support representatives threatening to resort to the charge-back procedure. When these threats failed to have the desired effect he said that the conversation would be recorded and published in open sources – which is illegal.

3. The aforementioned person has falsely claimed that the program cannot be used without the Internet. The product version 3.0 that he purchased allows working offline for 30 days.

4. The aforementioned person is lying stating that our company consists of 3-4 people and is located in Moscow. The development department of the company is located in Rostov-on-Don and the support team alone consists of 4 people to ensure a high-quality customer support in 4 languages.

5. Other companies in the software industry follow the same refund policies. Thus the claims by the customer that it is the first time that he has ever come across such a practice are false.

Everything said by the customer looks like undisguised pressure and slander.

P.S. We are sorry that there are still people like zgtrader who has suggested using cracks or people like jficquette who believes that Russians are not to be trusted a priori – even if they have been serving their customers for many years. Many traders switch to our products because of their quality and because of the customer and technical support service.

Finally, those who have advised Sogodo to do a charge-back because TS Support would not be able to prove anything should be aware of the fact that they are assisting fraudulent activities.

#13     Apr 10, 2008
  4. Baywolf

Baywolf

Oh the irony...

Given the eastern European public track record of pirating ~>90% of American software, I would think one would try to downplay this topic altogether. TS Support, you should have just stopped while you were ahead.

#14     Apr 10, 2008
  5. sogodo

sogodo

> addressed to the gentleman
    > contributing to this forum under the
    > nick of Sogodo as well as to those who
    > have expressed a number of dishonest
    > and unscrupulous ideas in this forum
    > topic.

You are telling me that I, sogodo, expressed DISHONEST AND UNSCRUPULOUS ideas in this forum? Is it what you're saying in YOUR OFFICIAL OPEN LETTER?!! It is how you treat your would-be-customers? If somebody does not want your product and scared away by your financial practice and your "reliable" card processing system, they are dishonest?!

>We are not disclosing the name of this
    >gentleman respecting his privacy.

I'm not hiding. I can publish my name if it helps you. I have the script of my chat session with your employee where she started threatening me and accused in fraud! By the way, she initially refused to disclose her name at all, kinda I don't need that.

>Nor are we publicizing the
    >unacceptable threats our support
    >representatives received from this
    >person on LiveChat.

if you give me your official permission, I publish THE WHOLE SCRIPT FOR ALL COMMUNITY OF TRADERS TO READ AND JUDGE FOR THEMSELVES.

Also, I'm ready to publish the results of trial if it happens.

> we provide the customers with a
    > registration key as soon as the
    > transaction has been confirmed.
    > This key cannot be taken away.

1. it's very trivial to INVALIDATE credentials in your database, because, after all:

2. you mention that your software automatically visits your server each 30 days to make authorization.

3. I would be more than happy to transfer the license I don't need to any willing trader who is ready to pay $997 for the software that gonna cost $1497 after 15-apr-2008, right now. But you probably never allow that, right? Even if I never download anything and never use it?

>It is commonly known that programs
    >distributed on-line are not subject to
    >refunds because a refund would allow
    >a customer to receive the money back
    >and keep using the product for free.

It is not true, and I never intended to take something for free. I specifically asked support (Marina Pashkova and Sergee Kuzmin) about my options. I did not have any! I cannot talk to financial dept., manager, anybody. One person on the phone handles everything. He just promises to talk to his manager you never can reach, and in a day or two when you call back he says you "No".
    He just pushing me another products I don't need "with discount".

>Yesterday, the aforementioned person
    >called our customer support service
    >and for an hour kept making attempts
    > to exert pressure on the customer
    >support representatives threatening to
    > resort to the charge-back procedure.
    >When these threats failed to have the
    >desired effect he said that the
    >conversation would be recorded and
    >published in open sources – which is
    >illegal.

I started to record conversation ONLY AFTER the suspicious behavior of the representative was detected. He just promised to talk to his manager, he did not give his phone, no finance dept., no names, anything. Just promises to talk about that tomorrow, and tomorrow "NO", or another promise about another tomorrow. I was polite but persistent because my money was on stake!

>The aforementioned person has falsely
    > claimed that the program cannot be
    >used without the Internet. The product
    > version 3.0 that he purchased allows
    >working offline for 30 days.

Yes, if you are without Internet more than 30 days, the program will not work. The program needs to go the Russian authorization server to keep working to validate your license each 30 days. See, they never give you refund because IT IS KIND OF IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM TO AUTHORIZE YOU.
    It is very trivial to INVALIDATE the license on their authorization server.

The program is VERY UNSTABLE.
    If you bring me to court, I can show you the blue screen of death, and memory errors. I don't experience any problem with any other software I have.

>The aforementioned person is lying
    >stating that our company consists of
    >3-4 people and is located in Moscow.
    >The development department of the
    >company is located in Rostov-on-Don

Oh, I'm sorry. It makes a big difference.
    When I asked where Sergee located he told me Moscow by the way.
    Anyways, I believe that Rostov-on-Don is still in Russia, just a bit closer to Chechen border than Moscow and more tough people over there.

>Other companies in the software
    >industry follow the same refund
    >policies. Thus the claims by the
    >customer that it is the first time that
    >he has ever come across such a
    >practice are false.

Usually, when I buy something I keep it.
    But once for a while, I was forced to return one product, and the software vendor with no refund policy gladly returned the product I don't need, even after 5 days after purchase (in your case, I was trying to cancel almost immediately, next day!). Note they did not even tried to prosecute me for that and did not mention any court. Surprise! Probably, they were located somewhere else and were not so desperate to be right with customer. Probably, they hope I can return back some day.

#15     Apr 10, 2008
  6. opm8

opm8

sogodo,

Charge this back right now and don't waste another second on this turd of a vendor. He's doing everything he can to prevent you from doing so.

opm8

#16     Apr 10, 2008
  7. sogodo

sogodo

Did not you get it yet?

As CEO of TS Support, Andrew Kyrillov already told you on this forum in his PUBLIC OPEN LETTER, IT IS ILLEGAL AND CUSTOMER WILL BE PROSECUTED IN COURT FOR THAT, by software vendor.

Did not you get it yet?

So, it is what you expect to get from them when you buy this software and change your mind in the middle of transaction. You are just a fraudster for them, not a customer anymore.

#17     Apr 10, 2008
  8. Sogodo, call you bank, get the chargeback through, and forget about this issue. They won't sue you. They don't have a signature.

Multicharts will possibly call their legal advisor and the first thing they will ask is "Was this a card present transaction, do you have a signature?", then Multicharts will say "No, sorry it was an anonymous online purchase" and that's the end of the conversation.

#18     Apr 10, 2008
  9. I personally love the product and feel that the customer support was great. They even fixed a bug I was having in this latest release. This is the best charting software out there... period. I tried them all.

sodogo is a little whiny bitch who made the purchase and has buyers remorse because he doesn't make money trading and now wants others to foot the bill. This guy doesn't need good charting software cause he wouldn't know what to do with it... but thats not TS's problem.

#19     Apr 10, 2008
  10. sogodo

sogodo

I am glad for you, flipflopper.
    Let's just don't jump to funny conclusions.
    I'm trading e-mini ES every day, and I'm investing more than 10 years, but it is not any of your business, pal.
    Actually, I'm trading right now -- buying YM at 12614.

I did not call you by names. Per your name, you are rather involved into realty business :) Feel sorry for ya!

I just share my experience.
    Ppl deserve to know what they can get when they buy from this vendor.

#20     Apr 10, 2008