Multicharts C# vs. NinjaTrader C#

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by KeLo, Aug 13, 2012.

1. KeLo

KeLo

Multicharts has a new .NET platform where one can program in Visual Basic or C#. I don't have a horse in this race but I'm just looking for others thoughts on this new comparison.

2. KeLo

KeLo

Thanks Tikitrader.

3. there is something i'vel earned from floating around the different languages for a while... go with the most saturated language.. you get the biggest community around it and you'll be able to find the most help.. and there will be so much more code available to spring board off of.. but respectively we are talking about the same languages in two different platforms.. i have a bias towards ninja trader...

4. KeLo

KeLo

I agree... a large community is very helpful. The more coding examples... the better.

5. look i started in coldfusion when i first started playing with code and web apps... after messing with it for a year and learning fusebox and related frameworks.. i realized how retarted i was for not using php... everything was already developed in php that i had planed to do myself and FREE... plus there are billions of php developers, snippits, apps, bad ass frameworks like zend.. apps like magento, wordpress, drupal.. etc. etc. on and on and on.. so i spent a year to developer a bad ass website with a insite messaging system.. wholesale retail functionality etc. etc.. and this came standard with tons and tons of more features in magento.. i learned my lesson the hard way! and with the lower level languages that i'm just now digging into.. i'm not going to learn the hard way twice.. although i value everything i've learned from getting into the details of programming ideologies/ concepts etc.. object orientation, encapsleation, frameworks.. MVC on and on and on.. i wouldn't have known the interworkings if i hadn't dug so deep into the mechanics and had learned a language that practically no one else was writing in.. that or i just tell myself that to make myself feel better about the wasted time hahahha

KeLo likes this.