Multi-price Flipping. Rotter?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by squadron leader, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Why doesn't some institution shove a 1000 lot order down his throat next time someone bids size for stuff they don't really want?

Traveler

#31     Nov 14, 2006
  2. are you talking about Vlad or Rotter? I dont think either of these guys is too fussed about a 1000 lot clip. Rotter was working 10k clips at his peak last year, 360,000 RT's a day.

#32     Nov 14, 2006
  3. walterjennings - First - traders dertermine the bid/ask spread which determines the price (With no exception)

Second - Don't try and defend against knee jerk price moves that occur around news/economic releases (It's impossible), just make sure you are positioned with enough of a buffer to exit your position without taking a loss.

Traveler - Like Arbitrageur says, Vlad is not detered by having to absorb 1000 lots. Unlike Rotter who was eventually taken out by institutions (Not on purpose), Vlads main prey is the Cash bonds market. Ultimately he is picking off individual brokers (and his counter parties).

#33     Nov 15, 2006
  4. Can someone go into detail about what he is doing in the cash market.

I can see what he's doing in the futures.

#34     Nov 15, 2006
  5. how did institutions inadvertantly take out rotter? was it institution prop desks?

did they know they were taking out a major player? i would have thought they loved him being there because at the time he was on the bids/offers for size and they could get trades done very easily without spending time having to work anything.

i guess what i'm asking is, were they pro or anti-rotter, and how did he come a cropper at the hands of institutions? did they do to him, what he did to locals?

#35     Nov 15, 2006
  6. They might have liked Rotter (assuming he is gone, i don't think he is) for a while because of the size he showed but in the end the banks new how much money he has and what it takes to squeeze him so they can take his money. I'm not sure how deep his pockets are but if you add up the guys like him. The really big players would definitely like a chunk of that cash.

If I need to be corrected go ahead

#36     Nov 15, 2006
  7. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

So does this all mean the locals secret weapon (Bund-Bobl-Schatz on the auto-spreader) is now defunct (still)?

LOL

Maybe they should do something different? Like say, eerrr, Euribor cals?

LOL (even louder)!!

#37     Nov 15, 2006
  8. ynox1

ynox1

This new flipping that has been going on for more then a week now, taking sometimes more then 3 prices, most of them are actually trading, not just flipping. For example this morning (17/11) in the Bund, it was trading 117.72 offered, and it got "flipped" down to 68 bid; but if you have a CQG 1min chart with Volume, you would have seen that someone sold at market more then 3.5k bunds, and taking 3 prices. TT won't show what was actually traded if it takes more then one price, but if you have a 1min chart with Volume you'll see what is flipped and what is actually traded.

#38     Nov 17, 2006
  9. AK100

AK100

So Rotter's demise (assuming it's true) coincided with him doing press interviews and everyone getting to know about him.

No coincidence there then:D

Maybe the worse thing this Serb has done/is doing is letting his name get out..........

#39     Nov 17, 2006
  10. How do they get around arbers? Id figure as soon as the price of a cash pair moves away from the future too much it gets arbed back in line? Are these guys manipulating both the cash and futures markets at the same time?

#40     Nov 17, 2006