multi-monitor vs wide screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bronks, Oct 3, 2001.

1. anyone have any Matrox G450 cards for sale?
    There are a few on E-Bay I'm bidding on...but figure I might ask here too.
    I only want one...in good condition...any bad sellers will have to answer to my dog! :D

#21     Oct 12, 2001
  2. Wirehead

Wirehead

uptik2000

I received the message posted below via email from matrox this morning. If you have not bought a g450 yet here is your chance to order.

Dear Valued Customer,

The Millennium g450 pci Graphic Card will be live for purchase through our website beginning at Wed Oct 17, 2001 at 3:00 p.m. EST.

Please feel free to place your order through our online store.

http://shopmatrox.com/usa/products/categories.asp?CategoryID=18&Column=2

#22     Oct 17, 2001
  3. mbonikow

mbonikow

Since I know a bit about the subject, I'll throw in my few pennies :)

For the money the way to go is with ATI VE Radeon, dual display, currently on Futureshop site for $99 Can which translates into 65 US. Can't beat that price, works well. That in combo with several PCI cards should take care of multi monitor setup. For monitors, 15" LCD's are the way to go, if you want best price/retail space/not tired eyes setup. WWW.UBID.com should get u few of these at 250US, you could remove the frames stack them in a square and with 1000US you got yourself a 30" LCD hi res setup. It's my little pet project. However, I see Ubid selling 17" LCD's at 500US already, so 2 of those is still a great deal, although not as good as 15" LCD's. I used plasma before, nice idea but not feasable in term of cost/benefit. Much better and clearer setup would be LCD projector. Great res. and upto 50-60" of retail space. Final option is new Samsung LCD TV's. For 2000US you get a 40" LCD!!!! TV. It's new technology just coming out, so I still have to check out the quality. I have no idea how they manage to produce LCD wafer at that cost. Hope this helps!

#23     Oct 17, 2001