Multi-Monitor Vendors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by trader60611, Jul 9, 2009.

1. slacker

slacker

#11     Jul 31, 2009
  2. mokwit

mokwit

Looks like a great deal, or more likely a realistic price reflecting true cost of production i.e. not a rip off. I have always wondered why multiple monitor stands are so expensive considering how simple they are and the basic materials they are made from.

#12     Jul 31, 2009
  3. mokwit

mokwit

The ultimate in gauging is the furniture vendor who charges $1000 per for the upright pole you mount the monitors on specific for their desks. I kid you not, $1000 for a length of 1" steel pole.

#13     Aug 1, 2009
  4. I don't mind spending $200 or so to buy a new 23" LCD monitor. I always have a hard time justifying to myself to spend another $200 to $300 to purchase a monitor stand to hold it up. The monitor stand is more expensive than the monitor itself.

I use an ultimate po-boy solution:

For every 2 monitors that I want to stack vertically, one on top of each other: I went to Staples to purchase 2 office file crates. Stack them up and use tie-wraps to secure them togeter. Put the first monitor on the first crate, the second monitor on top of the second crate. Again, use tie-wraps to secure both monitors.

My solution: About $15

#14     Aug 1, 2009
  5. That is a good looking set up you got there!
    If you go down to 7-Eleven, the crates are free.

[​IMG]

#15     Aug 1, 2009
  6. Since I don't work in a Wall Street firm in a fish-bowl office and have no need to wear suits and ties, and that my trading room is a small 4-wall no window room, I traded-off look for practicality.

Thanks about the 7-Eleven tip. Why didn't I think of that? Can save myself a few bucks.

#16     Aug 1, 2009
  7. That pole is being used in more ways than one.

Multi monitor guys are pretty much thieves.

Do it yourself.

#17     Aug 2, 2009