multi monitor stands

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Moreagr, Dec 24, 2009.

1. How many systems is that?

#11     Jan 3, 2010

2. Bet I can build it for under $8.
    Maybe less, but I'd have to pull out a couple floorboards.
    Yes, a 2x6 joist hanger has the same screw hole spacing as a VESA mount.

#12     Jan 3, 2010
  3. thats not cheap thats ghetto. At least weld something that will look decent and function for a while. Yeah ergo charges an arm & a leg but with the way firms are blowing out you could get one for less than your time is worth trying to be crafty with an $8 setup.

#13     Jan 4, 2010
  4. That's a fantastic way of mounting, davidmaria! Thanks for the inspirations!

I never thought of mounting with only 2 screws. But if it is strong enough, why not? Super.

#14     Jan 5, 2010
  5. Only using 2 holes and such a 'short' arm will put a lot of stress on the monitor.

#15     Jan 5, 2010
  6. Why not check out Ebay for Ergotron monitor stands. They are all over out there. If not, Google Ergotron and see what you can find.

#16     Jan 5, 2010
  7. Because it's $300 at Newegg with shipping.

It's $3 at Ace Hardware.

#17     Jan 5, 2010

8. True. A 2x4 joist support may work better for the monitor, but makes an inferior floor support.:D
    I was bored, ok?
    I used it as a temp. solution, just haven't found a desk I like.
    Although, I've got a couple old sawhorses.........

#18     Jan 6, 2010
  9. It's not hard to see people's upbringings. I grew up on a farm where you did not have internet, concierge, money to burn, etc. I have used doors as desks many times in my life; even hinging doors on walls to make drop down desks at times. I won't pay $300 for bent metal and I really wish nobody would so the prices would come to reason. Those stands cost $1 to make in China and they sell them for $300 retail. That's dishonest business where I come from.

#19     Jan 6, 2010
  10. Yeah, you come from a farm. You should know that things sell for prices that people will pay. It's supply and demand and competition.

If someone could make them cheaper they would make money. In trading you have to understand this cardinal rule... No ONE gives a f what you think it only matters what everybody else thinks.

For others I recommend ergotron.

#20     Jan 6, 2010