Multi-Monitor LCD @ 1600x1200

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Slave2MYT$, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Joetrader for your research skills...much appreciated.

#41     Aug 29, 2003
  2. ElectricSavant sitting at the dinner table with a bowl of soup over his head dripping all over the floor....humbly say's

"all I wanted to know is what video card to buy" then electric stammered further:

Joetrader tttold mmeee to shut up....and go somewhere else"

Michael B.

P.S. LOL thanks for the P. M. Joetrader, I wish I would have talked to you earlier.

#42     Aug 29, 2003
  3. Electric...i would recommend getting a matrox g200 mms dual or quad. I'd recommend the quad(incase of adding additional monitors)

They can be purchased from eBay for a reasonable cost. They work great.

Slave

#43     Aug 29, 2003
  4. just so its duel DVI, not a problem

Michael B.

P.S. anybody want a duel G550 cheap like $87.00 you pay shipping. Unopened inside just retail box box seal opened.

I will ship it to you...and you check it out and send money afterwards...what do I got to lose?

Michael B.

#44     Aug 29, 2003
  5. you can have is as1,2,3 or 4 monitors at a time. if you want 2 dvi connections...u'll need the dvi cables from matrox. the card i got came with 2 x 2 cables(analog). I had to order the 2 x 2 DVI cables for CAD $83 each ($180 ish with taxes and shipping).

#45     Aug 29, 2003
  6. exe

exe

those dual DVI cables for the Matrox can be had for US$25 (per 2 head) on ebay brand new.

Colorgraphics is just about the only solution for your multiple DVI UXGA setup, but you're going to pay up. I suggest waiting for their AGP versions. Alternatively you can use multiple PCI cards with DVI outputs (from ATI for example).

#46     Aug 30, 2003
  7. I just finally enabled the CLEAR TYPE feature on Windows XP in the Display Properties tab under Appearance, and Effects.

Wow, what a DIFFERENCE THAT MAKES!!!

1280 x 1024 is now super sharp and crisp.
    Can I say WOW again?
    WOW!

:D

#47     Aug 31, 2003
  8. gnome

gnome

Interesting. I tried Clear Type and disabled it as being less sharp and clear.

#48     Aug 31, 2003
  9. exe

exe

Cleartype works well on DVI mode LCD monitors, less well on analog mode LCD, and doesn't work well with CRT's.

Anybody know what ATI GPU is powering the Colorgraphics quad AGP card?

#49     Sep 3, 2003
  10. mktman

mktman

Anyone else using the nvidia quadro 280 nvs?

Satisfied?

tia.

mktman

#50     Dec 10, 2003