Multi-Monitor LCD @ 1600x1200

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Slave2MYT$, Aug 28, 2003.

1. anyone know of a PCI video card that allows you to display more the 2 digital lcd monitors @ 1600x1200.

Thanks

2. Dude, that kind of resolution is going to cause you some HUGE eyestrain.

My NEC LCD has a native resolution of 1280 x 1024 and I had to turn it down a notch ( after just 2 hours of viewing ) to save my freaking eyes cause everything was too fuzzy!

Now it rocks, and my eyes are fine

:p

3. your point...but i was wondering if there is a video card out there that would be able to display at that res for a digital lcd. Quad or multiple dual pci cards.

Thanks

4. nitro

nitro

That is somewhat strange. Let me ask you first before I assume anything, do you need larger text or require any special type of eye glasses?

I ask because I do not have the best eyesight in the world (I am legally blind in my left eye, but with my glasses I have no problem whatsoever) and yet I have no problems running my monitors at 1280 x 1024.

nitro :confused:

5. Just look at cards for workstations instead of cards for video games. I only know of one cheapo card, the nVIDIA
    Quadro NVS 280.

6. that maximum is 1280x1024 ...i'm looking for dual or quad pci cards that allow digital lcd displays of upto 1600x1200 native resolutions...

Thanks

PS
    i know of the matrox 650 card but that's agp and since there's only one agp port, this doesn't work if you want more then 2 displays...

7. The text size, as well as everything else on the screen, would also be tied in to the size of the monitor. He's obviously got at least a 20" LCD.

8. You can just add multiple single-head PCI cards as long as you have slots available. Windows will recognize them with no problem.

This solution is also cheaper than workstation-class multiple monitor cards. They're mostly for high performance 3D, and overkill for charts and quote sheets.

9. which single head pci cards will allow 1600x1200 digital lcd ?

Thanks

10. It appears no one knows......and dancing around your question. Just a suggestion, which I am sure you have thought of...call up the Monitor manufacturer and get their recomendation.

Michael B.

#10     Aug 28, 2003