Multi Monitor Desktop System

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CodeX, Jan 27, 2013.

1. RE: heat, multiple displays

Only if you use the CRT (hello) or LCD technologies.

I advise to use the LEDs. e.g. Acer S211HL (21.5") monitors. Those critters are bright, light, and generate very little heat.

#11     Jan 28, 2013
  2. Hey easymon. Happy New Year to you too! And hello Scataphagos and all familiar faces.

29 total in a bullet shape around me. About 4 stacks high. (I started with 3 CRTs... those are long gone, of course)... Some 24", 23" and 22". I bought a 26" once. Immediately regretted and returned. The latest Acer 21.5" is good. I wish to find something smaller still but they don't seem to make them.

#12     Jan 28, 2013
  3. Hey... if you get whiplash watching all them screens, I know some chiropractors...
    :D

#13     Jan 28, 2013
  4. I hope you make a ton of money trading every market out there lol that is insane. I would probably focus on a few and completely forget the other 26

#14     Jan 28, 2013
  5. I kind of strategically place my charts and info windows where on the 2 sides (the 2 walls), those are background info only or stocks that I have an interest to keep an eye on.

The active war zone (15 mons) are in front of me to the max of my peripheral vision. I tried the minimize the need for rotating my neck like Linda Blair in The Exorcist.

#15     Jan 28, 2013
  6. Size of screens and resolution are all functions of your eyesight, age, distance from screens, etc.

Older with poor eyesight needs larger font = larger screen for the same amount of data.

Younger people can have smaller, higher res monitors and I agree, it's faster if it's closer together.

#16     Jan 30, 2013
  7. easymon1

easymon1

#17     Feb 2, 2013