Multi-chart Ripping Off Tradestation

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by SuperCruz, Feb 27, 2008.

1. My simple reply to all of your statements is as follows:
    • Suppose your boss gave you work to do. Now if someone accuses you of not doing the work. What will be your reaction? If you are innocent, you shall provide the proof of your work. If not, you might beat round the bush, giving excuses like PC not okay, or that person did not give you the data etc.
    • The same logic can be applied to anything.
    • If you search around ET, you shall find that the above is not the only case. Many people face such accusations; however, if they have the answer or explanations, they give it without beating round the bush. It does not matter whether it is the developer or support or users, all respond if they have valid answers. If they do not have answers, they shall pass the buck around as you seem to be doing by telling me to contact the support, for if you have the confidence, you can straight away point it out.
    • If you may please see that I have posted the same query in 3 threads, with no direct response except that you are complaining or avoiding asking the support. Please see the following posts:
      http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1879474#post1879474
      http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1879466#post1879466
      http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1879431#post1879431

If you shall notice that I had posted even the Multi-Charts Thread with no response not even from Andrew Kirillov, ET Sponsor, who has so far not replied my queries, in spite of answering other posts. Moreover, you all have been gracious in providing help to many queries, why not to mine, please?
    • As regarding the thread title, it remains the same. Moreover, can you please state, gttrader, as to where had I mentioned that I would like to purchase Multi-Charts. Looking for a TradeStation replacement does not mean that I would like to purchase Multi-Charts.

#41     Apr 22, 2008
  2. gttrader

gttrader

Actually I was pointing out that your supposed motivation for posting this nonsense appears to have changed from:

to:

All your questions have already been answered in this thread and I cannot be bothered to repeat them for the hard of thinking.

#42     Apr 22, 2008
  3. Tums

Tums

Whether Tradestation given them permission is none of your freaken business.
    Tradestation is a public corporation, you don't think they know how to run their business?
    They have expensive lawyers, you don't think they would/could fire off an imposing letter to MultiCharts if their benefits were infringed? LOL

If MultiCharts were to "steal" the code, you don't think they would be "stupid" enough to leave the copyright notice in there untouched ????
    If copyright is an issue, all they have to do is re-write the code. MACD and stochastics are not rocket science, anybody can whip that out in no time.

My perspective is: it is a benefit to Tradestation to have another software uses EasyLanguage.
    Plagiarism is the most sincere form of compliment.
    MultiCharts' participation will ensure the longevity of EasyLanguage, and ultimately the longevity of Tradestation.

#43     Apr 22, 2008
  4. I would like to differ, as if you sell a product to the public; you are in the eyes of the public. Thus, you have some responsibility to the public, and you do owe an explanation for your actions. Thus, it is definitely our business to know about the permission issue. Many issues like this have caused the customers of an unethical product to be disenfranchised. Thus, being in Russia does not mean you can violate the intent of copyright laws. Even though, it makes it hard for TradeStation to sue you. If you lack integrity, that shows and means a lot in terms of your public face.

You are correct; they left the copyright notice untouched. However, they did not rewrite the language as per copyright issues. :) The proof can be seen in the same thread as follows:

- http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1809939#post1809939
    - http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1809982#post1809982

You are correct again, that to imitate is a compliment, however are you willing to let all trading software (like AmiBroker, TradersStudio, TradingBlox, Ninja etc.) to use your popular language without any issues for the sake of longevity and benefit of TradeStation. :)

Moreover, if I was making accusations about Trading Blox, Tim would reply, if it was AmiBroker, Tomasz would reply, and if it was TradersStudio, Murray would reply and so on forth. It is a simple human tendency, as “No one would like to hear anything negative about them if it is not true". Even I responded to your statements when you all said that I am not making efforts to contact and is just making an issue.

Please, before anyone of you answers please do not answer for all of you have taken pains to explain and answer. I would for once like your sponsor, the MultiCharts ET sponsor, Andrew Kirillov, and only him to answer at this moment; as he is the only person who really counts at this junction. This is a personal request to you, Mr. Andrew Kirillov, to please answer the above queries.

#44     Apr 25, 2008
  5. #46     Apr 25, 2008
  6. Tums

Tums

ROTFLMAO.

I guess this guy is really clueless.
    This proves once again, you see everything in ET.

#47     Apr 25, 2008
  7. Tums

Tums

LOL.

If you had asked, I am sure your question would be answered. But you did not ASK. You slandered.

LOL

Out.

#48     Apr 25, 2008
  8. tortoise

tortoise

If TradeStation doesn't feel the need to defend its own copyrights, why should you or I care? Their silence implies their consent.

#49     Apr 25, 2008
  9. gttrader

gttrader

This is the point that SuperCruz continues to ignore. Look at the first reply in this thread

SuperCruz rather than feeling inadequate as you have been unable to bait Andrew into responding, you should instead be wondering why no one from TradeStation has felt the need to defend their inaction in supposedly defending their copyright.

Please answer this one question, I’ll make it easy for and provide multiple choice.

Why have TradeStation taken no action against TS Support?

1) They have been too busy improving their platform and adding international data feeds that they failed to notice MultiCharts has been around since 2004.

2) They have been too busy sipping Pina Colades and counting the G-Strings go past to notice MultiCharts has been around since 2004.

3) They welcome the competition.

4) There is no copyright infringement so there is nothing they can do.

#50     Apr 26, 2008