Multi-chart Ripping Off Tradestation

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by SuperCruz, Feb 27, 2008.

1. gttrader

gttrader

Don't know but you could ask him http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/MrEasyLanguage/

#31     Apr 12, 2008
  2. gttrader

gttrader

yeah I can see that being an issue

#32     Apr 12, 2008
  3. Tums

Tums

this is from the introduction of "Building Winning Trading Systems with TradeStation", by George Pruitt and John R. Hill.

#33     Apr 12, 2008
  4. thrunner

thrunner

This is a quote by Samuel Tennis' biographer. I guessed he is more modest than what the parrot has been saying :
    :) :) :)

#34     Apr 12, 2008

5. I have been using TradeStation for quite sometime. I have noticed that they have not yet improved their product over time and would like to switch over to a better product. With that said, I believe in some ethical standards. Firstly, “Copyrights” are good for 100 years even after author dies, so that is not the answer. It seems that that Multi-chart just steals from everyone.

Moreover, if Multi-chart is different from TradeStation, and both are at different places. Then, why am I being suggested to go to the TradeStation forums when actually Multi-chart is using someone else property? They might have given credit to TradeStation, the main question here is ”Has TradeStation given them the right & permission to use their code & language?”

Please produce something that actually states that TradeStation allows Multi-Chart to use their code.

#35     Apr 17, 2008
  6. gttrader

gttrader

I think I suggested you contact TS Support the makers of MultiCharts

You could just as easily contact TradeStation and ask why they have done nothing.
    I'm sure if there was any copyright infringement they would have acted, it's inconceivable that they wouldn't. I don't buy into the idea that it is because they are in Russia as the resellers are in Germany and the US so that would be no object.
    If you really want the answer then go find it.

#36     Apr 17, 2008
  7. Tums

Tums

He is just a whine. Let him have some fun.

#37     Apr 17, 2008
  8. gttrader

gttrader

Yes I know. He started the thread saying he was concerned for TradeStation's stockholders, then tried to change the subject to Muppet's stupidity and now he wants to buy MultiCharts!

#38     Apr 17, 2008
  9. He doesn't want to ask either one. He just wants to create conflict.

#39     Apr 17, 2008
  10. gttrader

gttrader

Well stated.

#40     Apr 17, 2008