Mulple brokers, multiple CME data fees?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by heispark, Jan 20, 2018.

1. heispark

heispark

Hello,
    I am new to Futures, and it's very very complex compared to Forex... o_O
    I currently have an account at AMP Futures and I pay $15 of CME data fee each month. If I open another account at Interactive Brokers, do I still pay another $15 for CME data? It's duplicate cost! Not fair..... Is there any way I can avoid this duplicate cost?
    Thanks

2. Overnight

Overnight

Umm...Yeah, whatever. Nothing in life is fair. No, you cannot avoid the extra $15 by going with two separate broker-feeds.

You are whining about an extra $15 per month. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Here, listen to some music or something.

kellys, heispark and dealmaker like this.
  3. comagnum

comagnum

Xela and heispark like this.
  4. heispark

heispark

Thank you for the link. It says "There is no requirement to subscribe to market data in order to trade and customers are free to receive market data from another IB account or data vendor."
    I am not sure if it means I can connect my CME live feed (purchased through AMP Futures) to IB TWS..... Any idea?

comagnum likes this.
  5. What you could consider is to use the feed at AMP and look at the futures instrument you're interested in. Then place your futures orders at IB. Whether this works depends on your trading system of course.

heispark and Metamega like this.
  6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

This all seems oddly complicated. Why not just use one broker?

heispark likes this.
  7. heispark

heispark

Yes, that makes sense to me. Actually, that's because I wanted to use TradingView for charting (I don't like charting in IB, their charting is flawed), and TradingView only supports CQG brokers for live CME feed. Anyway, it's resolved now. TradingView will directly support IB in this year! Hallelujah! :D

2018-01-21_12-09-10.png
    https://getsatisfaction.com/tradingview/topics/can_we_use_trading_view_as_our_charting_software

comagnum likes this.
  8. A new guy.

I immediately guessed you were from Korea based on your avatar and name.
    [​IMG]
    And, what do you know...I guessed Correctly. Your page says Seoul, Korea.
    Just like in trading, your initial intuition can be a powerful thing.-- if you don't constantly second guess yourself and overthink the situation.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  9. heispark

heispark

Thank you for your warm hearted welcome message!
    By the way, my avatar is not related with Korea. It's a design by Susan Kare, who hired by Steve Jobs and desined original Macintosh icons.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  10. KeLo

KeLo

If you go to two different movie theaters to see the same movie, you will have to pay twice - same principle.

P.S. An extra $15 a month should not be a big deal to any serious trader.

#10     Jan 21, 2018
    jharmon and heispark like this.