Mugged . .

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ImamicPH, Jul 17, 2006.

1. If you are also a "person of color" ImamicPH, you can just forget all about steve46's rather excellent advice on how to deal with low-level street crime, cowboy style.

The police will assume that it is black-on-black crime and would just as soon blow you away as try to listen to your story about how you were being victimized.

Tell you what, some of the best advice of all.

If your system was any good (I'm assuming that it was, and that is why you put together this thread in the first place) trade the hell out of it, get some serious cashola ... and move to a decent f*cking neighborhood!

(and do it quick before your system looses its edge from all of the overtrading it's going to get from the computer/trading geniuses who get a hold of your drive) ... just kidding homes!

With condolences,

Jimmy

#61     Jul 24, 2006

2. denis, is that u?:cool:

#62     Jul 24, 2006
  3. OP here.

Like it was said, I overreacted a little with the whole "my system is stolen, what am I going to do thing".

It was more like someone looking on your paper during a test. It doesn't effect your score. But I was still a little pissed.

I don't want to go into the whole "what race were they", "if you're black and they are _______, this can happen" stuff.

All I know the guys were real calm about it and were even smiling. The music was up in the car, so at first I didn't realize what he was saying.

Looking back I think they were probably on meth. Not that I know people that do that. But deductively, that has to be what it was.

imamicPH

#63     Jul 24, 2006
  4. I disagree about the attitude towards "Black on Black" crime.

Older police (my experience only) do tend to have "opinions" about this based on their service. Younger police tend not to have any "attitude" and are simply doing their job. If a police officer approached a person doing as I suggest, they would notice that the person was trying to comply "as if they had been trained" and they would be less likely to shoot your ass, even if you were a "person of color". Conversely if you were to do something stupid, like point a weapon in their general direction, you greatly increase your odds of getting shot (multiple times).

Ball is in your court.

Steve

Edit:

By the way, I notice people like to throw around the term "cowboy" in reference to my suggestions (not just here). I tend to want to live, without getting shot, stabbed, or my ass whipped. Therefore, in general I tend to act first and let God sort it out. I plan ahead as you can see, but when a situation occurs, I will tend to eliminate a threat right away. I am sorry if that offends, on the other hand, I still have all my organs and limbs, functional and in the right places.

#64     Jul 24, 2006
  5. volente_00

volente_00

You would be hard pressed to even get indicted in the first place in Texas.

And only the slim chance that you did , 10 years probation if you have no priors and a good lawyer.

#65     Jul 24, 2006
  6. Yes, Texas IS an ass-kicking place to live.

Again my general rule is to make friends with the local sheriff.

Then if you have to shoot someone, it is much easier to explain.

"Sorry, my bad"

or

"Well Sheriff, I didn't kill no one that didn't need killin"

:D

#66     Jul 24, 2006
  7. volente_00

volente_00

Anyone care to tell a story about being mugged in Texas ?

#67     Jul 24, 2006
  8. volente_00

volente_00

My father in law works for the constable and is a licensed firearms instructor. My great grand father was a chief of police, my first cousin was a chief of police and I have many friends in the SO. As well as in the local pd.

#68     Jul 24, 2006