Mugged . .

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ImamicPH, Jul 17, 2006.

1. hcour

hcour Guest

Yeah, I wish I could have. You really have to be a low-life to be a mugger. But of course I'm sure they all got off w/probation so they could go out and do it several more times until one of them maimed or killed somebody. Such is our justice system...

H

#51     Jul 23, 2006
  2. mauzj

mauzj

Oh my god. Are you serious. Did you have a sore ass?

#52     Jul 23, 2006
  3. romik

romik

I am really sorry, but LOL

EDIT: Ohh God, now that is a one line killer, still LOL, really sorry, shouldn't be laughing at this.

#53     Jul 23, 2006
  4. prolly too numb to feel pain and realize his cavity gapped.

#54     Jul 23, 2006
  5. Great, mugging stories on ET!

I got mugged in Cancun in '97. Luckily there was only two days left on the spring break trip. Never take a taxi alone when you can hardly stand and always put some pesos in a sock.

#55     Jul 23, 2006
  6. hcour

hcour Guest

When I first moved to NYC I remember friends telling me to always carry a few bucks cash on you, in case you get mugged you'll have something to give them. Because if you don't they'll think you're lying or fucking w/them and are more likely to get violent. So when I had 4 guys surrounding me wearing hoods on a dark street, I was glad I had always followed that advice.

I also heard never resist or try to fight them. For a few bucks? No way. It's not worth it. They can have it.

H

#56     Jul 23, 2006
  7. It was more of a rolling. I remember it all though. Fortunately I had about 50 pesos it seems in a pocket that they did not take which got me a busride back and a sandwich the next day. They got some cash and a Maurice Lacroix watch. I had to enter the US with a crumpled declaration of citizenship as my only ID. Ahhhh, the days before 911.

#57     Jul 24, 2006
  8. Poor bastards

Well for the first poster, now that you had your cherry busted you can apply to the local Sherrif for a carry permit. It would be wise and in most jurisdictions required, that you then take a gun safety course (so you don't accidentally kill yourself, a family member or innocent bystander). You should then visit your lawyer and get the lowdown on when and under what circumstances you can shoot. By the way, IF you were to take the advice of one of the early posters and simply "empty all 15" into a mugger, in most states after the collection of evidence and taking your statement, you would be arrested and charged, probably with manslaughter (sentence of about 5+ years if found guilty). If you suck as a shooter and the guy lived, he would probably find a bloodsucking attorney and sue you civilly, where an adverse finding in court would take most of your assets.

My advice is to make friends with a local cop. Maybe learn some self defense and don't try to get a carry permit unless you have sufficient skills to make it work.

If you decide to get a permit and you have to shoot. Do it right. Make sure the guy is facing you when you fire. Make sure that you tell them you saw a weapon and were in fear for your life.

Double tap to the chest and one to the head will do it every time.

Good luck
    Steve

#58     Jul 24, 2006
  9. To the OP - Don't worry about these guys who signed up on ET this month and are already dissing other guys. Your worries were unfounded but you got enough good natured ribbing in this thread.

trader1996 is just dissing you because he has other problems in his life and he needs to take them out on other people and an anonymous message board is the easiest place to do it.

#59     Jul 24, 2006
  10. Here are a couple more comments just for the hell of it.

First if you have a small calibre weapon, make sure to use subsonic loads. Although they don't have the knockdown power of a standard load, they also have less chance of providing a through and through wound, where the ammo then wounds a bystander.

Make sure to be aware of your surroundings. Unfortunately you are in a world where you are not the only dog carrying a gun. At some point you will see police advancing on your position with weapons drawn. Place your weapon on the ground and put your foot on it. Hold your hands up and away from your body. Identify yourself as a mugging victim and indicate the location of the weapon. Because you are considered a threat, you will be ordered to back away from the weapon and kneel on the ground with your hands laced behind your head. Do what you are asked to do without protest. Have the license on your person to present to the officer. Offer a brief statement making sure to indicate that you were attacked, threatened with death and that you feared for you life. Make sure to indicate this several times in your statement. If you are not released at the scene, make sure to contact your attorney as soon as you are brought into a police station. When questioned at a police station, offer to repeat your original statement but no more or less until your attorney appears. Usually your weapon will be impounded for a period of days for testing. Assuming your statement is good, you have witnessess and testing of your weapon confirms evidence collected at the scene, you should be able to file to reclaim your weapon within 30 days. Your attorney can in some cases expedite this process. You're still subject to civil suit by the way, but at least you aren't sitting in a cell.

See how much fun this is?

Edit:

Please no PM's about this, and to anticipate the obvious questions

"How do I know all this?"

Well I received excellent training in the service. Towards the end of my service, I also trained a few myself. I volunteered my services to the LAPD for a while, and finally my Dad's legal firm filled in the blanks for me a long, long time ago. Be sure to contact your own advisors because these protocols can differ from place to place across the country.

#60     Jul 24, 2006