Mugged . .

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ImamicPH, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Well then I guess we could sit down for a few hands of poker at that. I will bring the cards since I am the one "playing with a full deck".

#41     Jul 17, 2006
  2. Sash,

you're funny,

hey, get in touch soon, got news of events....

#42     Jul 17, 2006
  3. Cutten

Cutten

Easy to say, harder to do.

#43     Jul 17, 2006
  4. volente_00

volente_00

Fight or flight. You would be surpised what happens once adrenaline takes over. I would not hesitate to kill someone who threatens me with a gun. Maybe I am old school but I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

#44     Jul 17, 2006
  5. bsmeter

bsmeter

let me guess, the muggers were blacks.

#45     Jul 17, 2006
  6. The muggers aren't going to mess with your flash drive but the geek that buys it from the pawnshop might.

You are lucky to be alive and while it's disturbing to lose it, the security of your data is not that important in comparison to your life.

Traveler

#46     Jul 18, 2006
  7. >What do think the chances of this crook using all my strategies? What would you do?<

That has got to be the silliest thing I have ever heard.
    What if you see this mugger plugging an infomercial with your profitable strategies? Then what?

#47     Jul 23, 2006
  8. I basically talked my way out of being mugged several months ago. I was walking by a hospital late at night alone with a laptop in a bag. These two teenagers started following me. I stopped beside a lit house and they stopped. Then they asked if I knew where they could "buy some weed." I said no and they asked if I had any money. I said firmly that I didn't have any (I don't usually carry cash). The leader said "really" and pulled out the butt of what was either a revolver or a good knockoff. Again, I insisted that I did not have any money. Then they told me to turn over my wallet, which I did. They saw there was no cash but did not take the credit cards and threw the wallet in a puddle. A hop, skip and a jump and they were away without even taking the laptop!?! As they were leaving, the leader almost politely suggested that I carry a weapon.

These "thugs" were not overly intimidating although one of them was tall, and I would have fought them had they not brandished the possible weapon. At one point, I tried to connect with these clowns and establish a repore. I don't remember what I said. I don't know if this is a recommended strategy for when one is mugged.

Possibly I should of banged on the door of the lit house and yelled as soon as the two clowns accosted me. If no one responded though, the move would have seemed frantic.

Oh, and I once walked through probably the worst section of Philadelphia alone without being robbed. Maybe people thought I was 5-0 or something.

#48     Jul 23, 2006
  9. hcour

hcour Guest

Oh goody, mugging stories!

I was walking down Riverside Drive in NYC about midnight, just a few blocks from my apt on the upper westside and I see four guys walking across the street coming toward me. I don't think much about it or really notice them, then all of sudden one of them is standing right in front of me and the others are surrounding me and I look up and they're all wearing hoods, I swear.

So we just stand there a few moments, nobody says anything, so I try to walk around the guy in front of me (he was the size of a building) and he moves to block me and says "Give us your wallet, man." So I just look at him and look around at the others, they look absolutely ridiculous in these hoods and I kind of laugh and another one says "This ain't no joke man! Give us your fucking wallet!" So I tell them I don't have a wallet and I reach into my pocket and give them the 11 bucks cash I'm carrying (I was just out for a midnight stroll in the neighborhood) and they all look at it like it's some kind of treasure and then run away down the street.

So I walk on, thinking, "Fuck it, I lost 11 bucks but now I can tell all my friends back home that I got mugged. Cool." Then just a few blocks later I see 2 guys walking toward me and they're looking at me kind of funny and I think "WTF? Surely I'm not about to get mugged twice in, like, 10 mins?" And one guy flashes a badge and says "Did those guys bother you?" I say, "Yeah, they mugged me." He tells me to stay there, calls it in on his radio and they go running after them. They caught them all. I filed the complaint but I never did go to court about it, I'm not sure what happened, I suppose they "copped a plea" or whatever.

H

#49     Jul 23, 2006
  10. What a bunch a pathetic f*cks.

You should've sent them up the river for ten.

#50     Jul 23, 2006