Mugged . .

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ImamicPH, Jul 17, 2006.

1. sps_45

sps_45

This is the second funniest thing I have read on this board. Gave me some good grins.

This is #1:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...58&highlight=sort+this+bastard+out#post929458

Come on guys the man just got mugged and you guys are taking shots at him.

#31     Jul 17, 2006

2. Its tough man.

Now that the boss is back, do I tell him?

That's the big question. All of that data really belongs to him. Hehe.

#32     Jul 17, 2006

3. They didn't steal one, but certainly may have damaged one that night!

#33     Jul 17, 2006
  4. Oh shit. Now I can't even unload these crap! :D

On a more serious note, you should be happy that you didn't get hurt. The guy probably just sell your computer and flash disk somewhere. Just be careful with your credit card numbers and stuff if it is on the computer. They were probably not looking for your million dollar strategy since you dressed badly.

#34     Jul 17, 2006

5. Seriously guys thanks for all the posts. It happened Thursday. All day Friday I was more or less shocked and didn't think of saying anything to anyone. The boss was gone.

Over the weekend you know I didn't even think about it, seeing how I was not hurt. But when I saw the head guy this morning I started feeling a little queezy.

But after some rational input for ET, it all makes sense. Just some random thug, probably high and saw a laptop hanging off my shoulder.

My baggy jeans and ball cap was a slick disguise!

#35     Jul 17, 2006
  6. Much sympathy for the muggee...

But with respect to the concerns that Bone Thugs and Harmony is downloading the data into his sold-crack-to-pay-for Dell and running backtests on Tradestation and Esignal on the jacked trading strategies while placing a call to White Chocolate from the LG crew on Seventh and Pine to pool some bling so they can go down to Merill Lynch office and start banging out handles in the ES is....... well... funnny...

#36     Jul 17, 2006
  7. Without a doubt this is now the most clueless thread I have yet to read here. First off the guy is looking for cash and credit cards not some zipfile. Second even if he did access it just how are you damaged; what is he gonna do with it start trading. Even if he did that isn't there plenty of equity supply for both of you. I now know why 90% wash-out.:confused:

:confused:

#37     Jul 17, 2006
  8. I'm tired of coming in here having to defend myself. I was never really scared of my tests becoming obsolete over this one incident.

I was a little unnerved knowing that someone has access to my work.

I mean you're not willing to just give away your models to me are you? You can PM me if you are.

Think of it as giving to charity. In my case it was unwilllingly. You're still going to PROFIT. C'mon!

#38     Jul 17, 2006
  9. Let's see here, you post your opinions and thoughts for everyone to read on a message board, and then worry that some thug has access to your intellectual property on a zipfile.

Man didn't you open yourself up to ridicule ? I hope those models are killer because I don't believe "having a feel for the market" is your strong suit.:confused: :confused: :confused:

#39     Jul 17, 2006
  10. So I get this right:

I'm showing my hand by posting this and/or other stuff on ET?

I won't stay consistently positive b/c I enjoy posting on trading-related message boards? This constitues not "having a feel for the market"?

I'll have way more than just a "feel" after you email me your stuff.

Or do you not have anything worthy to send me? You're just one of those position guys that has 5k in his etrade account.

Go buy MSFT. Its down this quarter.

#40     Jul 17, 2006