Mugged . .

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ImamicPH, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Just so you're aware . . if I'd stole your comp. and by some small chance you had profitable strategies stored there . .

I'd trade 'em.

#11     Jul 17, 2006
  2. Surdo

Surdo

I just saw a rather poorly dressed thug trading ES in Starbucks.

Should I take a picture of him, and try to detain him until the authorities arrive?

#12     Jul 17, 2006
  3. I was mugged in Brazil. Drugged first from a drink I had. They took my money (about $40), watch (cheap timex for water use), my t-shirt, belt, and even my flip flops. I really liked those flip flops!

Woke up in the sand outside of town with nothing but my shorts. Good thing they didn't want those.

Jay

#13     Jul 17, 2006
  4. So your assumption is that a possible crack-smoking gang banger who steals your stuff has the education, experience and skill to take your stuff and plug it into his home system (cause all crack-smoking gang bangers have home PCs) and clearly interpret your system for trading ES (which of course is guaranteed to make 30% a year) and then open a futures trading account with all the required paperwork and start trading futues on the S&P index, applying your system.

So this mugger happens to know about ES and how to trade it. We should forget that he steals for a living and has little or no education but in an epiphany of science, he will transform into a computer nerd to download your data and all of sudden transform into Ed Seykota and start trading your system and within weeks will be in a large brownstone, driving a Porsche, trading 100 contracts a day and talking like Charles Barkely in a Right Guard commercial?

#14     Jul 17, 2006
  5. I'm with Neo 100% on this one. I sincerely doubt the guy has any of the intellect required to implement your processes or methodology, and while he could sell your game to someone who might be able to implement your strategies ... that thinking really is kinda far fetched, and it just wouldn't be on a level that really matters, period.

I've been mugged also, (couple'a crackheads tried to bum rush me, corner me and take the 2 fuck'in dollars I had in my pockets when I was in southcentral) we fought for a minute then I hauld ass - Damn those guys were such losers! ... so I can definitely empathize with you.

Sorry for the bad break, be careful and watch your ass next time and don't allow yourself to be isolated. Thank God the fool didn't do anything else, and go back to trading.

Best,

Jimmy

#15     Jul 17, 2006
  6. ROTFLMAO! :D :D

You beat me to the punch OC, and did it in a way that was absolutely hysterical! :D

You pretty much got your answer right there ImamicPH.

P.S.

We really know you're just venting and would really just like to blow the scumbag away ... so it's OK

#16     Jul 17, 2006
  7. Adobian

Adobian

If your strategies work, write a book a and get rich before he does. :)

#17     Jul 17, 2006
  8. There is a way to easily encrypt the data on your flash drive on the fly -- just google it.

#18     Jul 17, 2006
  9. I have my flashdrive on my keychain...encrypted and even batman proof...

but I hear there is a new enema....

#19     Jul 17, 2006
  10. naz9403

naz9403

made me laugh

especially since the type of people who mug others probably don't even know what the nasdaq is.

#20     Jul 17, 2006