Mudgins Mentors Lornz

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lornz, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Escape the cell that is your intuition? If you are making money trading CL with it, who needs a system? Back when the stock indices were correlated with CL, I had a data subscription because a common pattern was that CL would move but the indices wouldn't budge for a few minutes. Gave me time often to take a favorable position. You might look at the price of CL in Euros to see if any non-dollar-denominated S/R is there. As to indices, I love NQ because it is so predictable. And not a fat assed old lady like ES.

Dr. Doaks is indeed published, but under a mundane pseudonym.

Your English is fabulous. I lernt French many years ago well enough to fool a native speaker for about 30 seconds. What a waste of 12 years of effort. That's also how long it took me to get consistently profitable trading. And I can fool the market only for 30 seconds!

Do you have a day job to support this nasty trading hobbit of yours?

#51     Jun 17, 2012
  2. You trade. I trade. We could tell trading anecdotes all day about the shit that happens to us and that we see on the tape. But Jack never tells such stories, and I have read him closely for over ten years here. Also he never talks about nuts and bolts of trading, which can be 90% of successful trading. So I conclude that he is a theoretician who has never punched Buy or Sell. And his story has changed over the years iof intense criticism here. Could he have been fishing? It is not uncommon for clever posters here to make outragjuice statements to induce accomplished traders to correct them.

#52     Jun 17, 2012
  3. Lornz

Lornz

I apologize for taking so long to reply; I had trouble waking from my afternoon nap. I'm sure you can relate.

I need to stretch a little, but I will formulate a (proper) response within the next few days. It is my hope that this post will give Dr. Mudgins a fair chance to sober up...

#53     Jul 6, 2012
  4. Dr. Mudgins is regrettably indisposed, suffering from a recurring bout of the exceedingly rare Anagram's Disease, contracted during a poorly remembered evening in the dimly lit third basement of a Korean-Thai Restaurant in the huitieme arrondisement (Monmartre) in the early 90's. All he can say for sure is that he felt fortunate indeed that the enormous Chinese bouncer (think Oddjob in Goldfinger) accepted the fistful of seven currenies he proffered as payment in full for disservices rendered by that worthy establishment's five multinational and multilingual professionals. He had asked for twenty, but they could not be assembled from the off shifts on such short notice.

That unsaid, I assure you that my credentials compare favorably to those of Dr. Mudgins, since we were born in the same year, and during my decades I learned more decadence than he can hope to imagine.

#54     Jul 6, 2012