Mudgins Mentors Lornz

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lornz, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Lornz

Lornz

Yes, it's difficult to be at the mercy of lesser literary creatures. Apparently it's the price one has to pay to gain an audience.

Not to worry, my trading is exceedingly, or at least relatively, simple. I was referring to extracurricular activities to keep the psychological wolves at bay.

With regard to my educational background, I like to think of myself as an non-educated genius rather than an educated fool. Unlike the other Dunning-Kruger test subjects that roam freely in ET's halls, I'm quite aware of how little I know. In fact, I routinely pretend to know even less than I do, just to incite a good verbal beating. Alas, even the miscreants aren't what they used to be.

#31     Jun 16, 2012
  2. Indeed a good flagellation by one's betters can be quite enjoyable and educational. That is why I administer one to the likes of Kilroy whenever possible. So, if I may ask, what and generically how do you trade?

#32     Jun 16, 2012
  3. Lornz

Lornz

Maybe I should marry?

Just to clarify, I take a handful of aggressive bets during the year, but they are few and far between.

I would not object to a scalping bias, as I'm quite familiar with this already. My problem is that I am at the mercy of my brain, and I wish to free it from the woes of making to many observations and decisions intraday. Let me rephrase that: I am a trading dinosaur...

I'm hoping Professor Doaks will find his way here, along with all of his close friends.

I do not trade options intraday (except for managing the odd position).

I still find it very enjoyable to place my macro bets, but I'm becoming increasingly disenchanted with my daytrading. I have managed to reduce it to trading the open, in order to save some neurons for later in life.

I mainly trade CL intraday, and I'm generally only trade the first 20 minutes. I trade order flow in a highly discretionary manner, but I feel like I am getting too old for this. Or, let me rephrase that, I am getting to bored with this. I feel trapped in a routine, and I need desperately need a paradigm shift. Due to the non-linear nature of my current approach, I've found it excruciatingly hard to capture the essence of what I'm doing programmatically.

#33     Jun 16, 2012
  4. Lornz

Lornz

I'm not sure Kilroy sufficiently appreciated your cogent elucidations.

By the way, it is Saturday night in my unseasonably dark corner of the world, and, as I sometimes pretend to be a social creature, it is quite possible that we must resume this conversation tomorrow.

#34     Jun 16, 2012
  5. I kept of your post the parts I felt I could comment unintelligently on. I have the sense from this that you don't need the money, or the stimulation, of trading? If so, fuck it and quit and do something you like better.

As to hurting your brain, I tried for years to simplify trading so that it became rigidly systematized, and failed. I now have some simple systems, but I apply a boatload of discretion to them based on what my mental integration of a passel of homegrown indicators is telling me. It hurts the head. So, like you, I trade the open, although I go to 45 minutes.

It may be that markets are simply too complicated for the retail trader to algorithmize. Pre-emptive actions by insiders on private knowledge (that's why I watch big trades). News nobody sees coming. Will our markets correlate with the fucking euro or not? Are limit order traders leading the market by the nose or letting market order traders have their head? To me everthing is clearer at the open when massive trade imbalances exist long enough to have hig Pwintrades. Hence my scalloping.

As to marrying, I hestitate to ask, but are you male or female? It makes a huge difference.

P.S. Dr. Doaks runs 24 codes comprising about 1300 SLOCs, ranging from six to 387 lines each. And they haven't changed much in the past year, just egotistical tweats.

#35     Jun 16, 2012
  6. Killjoy is either the putz he obviously is or a group constuct. Nobody could be that stupid unless they really are. Where, roughly, in Die Welt, are you? As to tomorrow, I hope to wake up alive, but I am almost sure at my age that it will be without a hardon.

#36     Jun 16, 2012
  7. Lornz

Lornz

That's not entirely true. Indeed, I should have been in a position where I could simply have said "fuck it", and moved on, but, due to circumstances unrelated to trading, I am still a few years away from reaching that goal -- and therein lies the problem. My trading has progressed steadily over the past few years, but now it seems that I have taken a step back, at least monetarily. Alas, I am hopelessly lazy and it is nearly impossible for someone like me to travel the same road twice. I need to find a way to resurrect my spiritual trading life...
    ----
    Exactly! It seems that we may have more in common than I originally thought. In my twisted mind, the markets seem less efficient in during that period of time.
    ----
    It is with great sadness that I inform you of the fact that I have a cock. And I don't mean in my mouth or hand(s). I'm quite happy about this myself, of course (?), but I know this lessens my chances of getting a proper edumacation from one the south's finest tutors. Did you know that I only have a B.S. in BS from The School of Life. I'm even a few credits short of a high school diploma.

By the way, if my calculations are correct (my model assumes that you were truthful about your age in 06), you are about 2.3 times my age. [Just to avoid any confusion, I have a semi-eidetic memory, and I remember a lot more than I wish I did.]

Speaking of growing old, I sometimes fear that you are a foreglimpse of my days to come. At least that's better than the, almost equally likely (but certainly much more terrifying), alternative; I fear I will turn into Mr. Hershey.

(No offense, Jack. I have learned a lot from your posts)

P.S. I see you are routinely referring to Mr. Doaks as "Dr." instead of "professor". Does this mean his tenure has ended? What will become of the educational system in Southern North Texas?

#37     Jun 17, 2012
  8. Lornz

Lornz

Ich komme aus Norwegen.

Regarding Mr. 89, it seems that quite a few posters exhibit a vehement enthusiasm for deceiving others, and some of them are possibly more intelligent than I give them credit for. I would argue that it is impossible to tell in this particular case. Then again, I'm not a trained professional.

After having lived to a ripe old age, I assume every day above ground is viewed as a good day?

#38     Jun 17, 2012
  9. OK. So you need to make money trading. Is CL the best vehicule for doing that? Perhaps your reserection and spititual trading renewal lie in tackling ES or NQ?

As an aside, you do not write like a furriner (defined as ennywun who ain't Amurukun). Are you an expatriate? We now define those as expatriots for legal purposes.

I cannot dismember how old I as in aught-6, as time is no longer linear for me. But I think I am now 67. Sorry, no offense, but that makes you a punk kid.

Being mentored by Jack is not a bad thing. All the ones I recall wised up and gave up trading for good.

Dr. Doaks suffers from resume creep. He in fact only has a Masters in EE. But at the community college he is a demigod because he can still make the mongoloid female special students squeal in his software lab after hours. They make excellent code monkeys, and all they need as motivation is to be boinked on break.

Now that you have come clean of all the literary bullshit, I think you may actually have a problem I can help with. It is not trading, it is what you want to be when you grow up. As I never did, perhaps I can help.

#39     Jun 17, 2012
  10. Indeed there are many Lokis here. I am just jealous at how well he feigns stupidity.

Since I only bathe when my wife threatens to kick me out of bed, yes, on any given day I am ripe. As to old, my proctologist told me recently "You have the prostate of a fifty year old." I was suspicious, however, as he had both hands on my shoulders at the time.

#40     Jun 17, 2012