Mudgins Mentors Lornz

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lornz, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Lornz

Lornz

That is no problem at all. My father had a saying: "I haven't got a problem with alcohol, only without!"

#21     Jun 16, 2012
  2. Lornz

Lornz

Now that I've gotten my sad, but highly irrelevant, background story out of the way, I should probably talk a little about my trading.

I am a highly unsuccessful longer-term speculator. In the crazy times in which we live, I classify > 1 day as "long-term". I mainly use options for this. I deem this irrelevant for this thread, and hope we can leave it at that.

I'm also a very incapable discretionary daytrader, utilizing a horrible mix of intuition and quantitative analysis.

However, I do have several magnificent automated systems, and I need your help to make them as atrocious as my other trading endeavors.

Does this sound like a job for you and your friends, Dr. Mudgins?

#22     Jun 16, 2012
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Brother Duref, do you do most of your trading from home or at the liquor store?
    I'm sure they have good connections available for your purposes.

#23     Jun 16, 2012
  4. Lornz

Lornz

Dear BSAM, please refrain from urging him to increase his intake of alcohol. I need him to be somewhat sober, at least sporadically...

#24     Jun 16, 2012
  5. Over the years I have observed that moderators have little appreciation for fine literary creations. Being here will kill the thread, of course. But not until tomorrow.

I find that the proper diet is high doses of vitamins "A" and "C." Alcohol in champagne.

Love of the complex is a killer in trading. About once a quarter I purge my screen of all the brilliant systems I created on the way to making it so complicated I cannot understand it myself.

As to your early life and education, I can only say that you are ET writ large. Exactly as I imagine most posters look. But no matter how sorry assed you are, and you are, always take to heart the NLP dictum "What can you do with a problem like that."

#25     Jun 16, 2012
  6. You have my sympathies as to the madness of the long term. I have zippo in stocks or bonds, and just a smidge of T-bills. I live as if there were no tomorrow. Could I suggest a long term hobby instead? I shoot and reload, and garden. Things I can control. Perhaps marriage would be good for you. That always seems to last longer than it should.

I can indeed help with your intraday trading, if you don't mind my scalping bias. It is a rare day when I am in a trade longer than two minutes. Some of that is anxiety, but mostly with my Alzheimer's I need to get out of a trade before I forget why I got in.

As to automation, I do not fully automate, although Dr. Doaks plans to dick with it some if eSignal ever gets off their ass and implements it.

#26     Jun 16, 2012
  7. My home looks like a liquor store because I live in a semi-dry county and the good stuff is twenty miles away. I have 1.75 liter bottles of Everclear wedged into every available nook's cranny and food rots on the counter because all the refrigeration units are filled with champagne. Speaking of which, Sams has Chandon California Brut on special, so I'm away.

#27     Jun 16, 2012
  8. Lornz, I know less than nothing about options, and more than I really do about daytrading. What do you daytrade, and over what time span? I am struggling to be of assistance here, as your circumstances are so much happier than my own.

#28     Jun 16, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

I had to look him up. He Seemed like a bit of fruit cake to me

#29     Jun 16, 2012
  10. He was demonized in the press. Remember that was the uptight 50's. I have read most of his work and love it because he strove to end the view of the separation of mind and body. I relate. Big head. Little head. One head.

#30     Jun 16, 2012