MSO: Halted & Guilty

Discussion in 'Trading' started by waggie945, Mar 5, 2004.

1. The media has nothing to do with whether or not Martha Stewart made some really "stupid" choices . . .

How would you have liked to have bought some of that stock that Marianna Pasternak's husband unloaded the very next day, and just before the announcement by the FDA on Erbitux that afternoon?

When you are worth hundreds of millions of dollars and you are charging $10.00 of coffee as a corporate business expense, you are just asking for trouble . . . it is a reflection of poor morals, and people that think that they are above the rule of law in our Society.

#41     Mar 5, 2004
  2. sprstpd

sprstpd

You wrote that article, didn't you?

#42     Mar 5, 2004
  3. rgelite

rgelite

Sorry, I'm just royally pissed off. It's nothing personal.

#43     Mar 5, 2004
  4. today.

the FED got their gal , but in turn cost people millions

no position MSO ( thank god )

#44     Mar 5, 2004
  5. gms

gms

MS was found guilty of conspiracy to obstruct justice, making false statements, and perjury. The securities charge had been thrown out. It is not illegal to sell stock when your broker calls you to tell you that the CEO of the stock you hold is selling his. That's not insider trading, and that's part of the reason the securities charge was tossed.

Now I'll tell you my Martha story. I was at a MSO business party at the Four Seasons, and meandered over to her to ask her if I could have a picture with her. Figured it would be cool to have a picture of me with a celebrity to throw on the office wall, I don't have too many of them. She graciously said, "Sure!", we threw our arms around each other's back, faced the camera together, smiled, and the photographer took our picture. Some weeks later, I was asking my contact at MSO for a print of it. They claimed they couldn't find it, but I kept on pressing. After several weeks, they finally sent me a print, but it was of the frame right before the one I was asking for, so it was evident they had the negative strip with the right picture on it, but they weren't going to send me the right picture. They claimed they didn't have it at all. The picture they chose to send me was of me approaching Martha as I was about to get her attention. I look like a stalker. I can only think that Martha or Martha's people didn't want that picture going out.

#45     Mar 5, 2004
  6. Martha Stewart is an idiot- plain and simple. It is incomprehensible how a woman worth a billion dollars could worry about $60K and jeapordize her career. The sad thing about our justice system is that with her prestige, power and bankroll she won't spend much time in jail. She will drag this trial out through appeals, delaying her sentencing and wasting everyone's time. I say lock her up and throw away the key and do it now.
    She's so arrogant that it makes me sick.....

#46     Mar 5, 2004
  7. And just think, Martha Stewart could have made all of this go away had she appeared for her interview with the Feds a long long time ago and told the truth. But no, let's go to trial and risk everything . . . risk her business, her livelihood, her relationship with her family and friends, her name . . . another $183 million from the stock tanking again; I could go on and on.

You do not challenge the FBI.
    You do not challenge the prosecution.
    You do not make it "personal".

Her attorney is without question, a moron.

Say hello to Danbury.

#47     Mar 5, 2004
  8. BSAM

BSAM

My friend, Martha Stewart may be many bad things, but one thing she is not, is an idiot. I pretty much agree with the rest of your post.

P.S.--Welcome to ET!!

#48     Mar 5, 2004
  9. Pabst

Pabst

Lotta preaching on this thread. Selling the stock was not at all illegal. I'm from the old school. The subject of an investigation has a right to lie, stonewall, not self incriminate. This was a vindictive Bonfire of the Vanities type of lawsuit. Just another reason for me to loathe the Federal Government. More bread and circuses. Don't worry little people, big brother is looking out for your interests. Sure.

#49     Mar 5, 2004
  10. She is an idiot for making the choices that she did and risking her entire Empire . . . all for $40,000 . . . all for lying and being evasive to Federal authorities.

You either keep your mouth shut and go to trial.
    Or you speak to the Federal authorities and tell the truth.
    You do not meet with Federal authorities to lie and be evasive.

Too bad the joke is on her.
    What a shame.

#50     Mar 5, 2004