MSO: Halted & Guilty

Discussion in 'Trading' started by waggie945, Mar 5, 2004.

1. fan27

fan27

Total destruction of wealth (MSO). All for lying to the Feds. What a shame.

#11     Mar 5, 2004
  2. $450/month and the guy took a gamble on the verdict? F*ck me, I'd make that tradethenews dude my personal hand-puppet if I were a subscriber.

riskarb

#12     Mar 5, 2004
  3. prox

prox

4. range

range

indicated 9 - 12 now

#14     Mar 5, 2004
  5. doji

doji

yep looks like a bad rumor, kind of interesting take a look at the book on it right now, bids are lining up.

I think the actual verdict overloaded all my quotes, got knocked out of schwab, IB, and optionsxpress, granted could have just been a coincidence did see a cable van running through the neighborhood, just waiting for the most inconveniant time to jinx my connection.

-doji

#15     Mar 5, 2004
  6. Personnally, I think Martha will be going to jail for several years at least. Each count carries a max term of 5 years. Also this is a federal court and so the judge must comply with sentencing guidelines (not a lot of wiggle room there). She will need to adjust to a different cuisine. Incredible that all this is happening because she (formely a billionaire) wanted to save sixty thousand bucks!!!!! Wow!!!

#16     Mar 5, 2004
  7. This is something that troubles me. On CNBC, they say "Oh, she will get probation". BUT the gov. MUST follow the sentencing guidelines. Sure, they can reduce where she is on the point scale, she is still facing alot of time according to the federal guidelines.

#17     Mar 5, 2004
  8. Is not a good thing!

:(

#18     Mar 5, 2004

9. :D

DS

#19     Mar 5, 2004
  10. Stewart: "Isn't it nice to have a broker who tells you these things?"

"According to Faneuil, his well-paid boss made it clear the Merrill Lynch office was prepared to cover up the trade and intimidated his assistant into going along with the story." [thestreet.com]

Seems both suffered from a deadly bout of hubris: thinking the law does not apply to them.

That's why I don't have too much sympathy for either one of them.

Do you have any sympathy?

#20     Mar 5, 2004