MSNBC's Brewer Suffers Foot In Mouth Disease

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jul 20, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

MSNBC's Contessa Brewer, you may remember just yesterday said the attack on Rupert Murdoch at a hearing encapsulated what the British were feeling.

Today, Contessa "educated" a conservative Representative that without the bailout, the country would be in "a depression." Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL) said he disagreed which prompted the MSNBC host to ask him if he had a degree in economics.

"Yes ma'am, I do. Highest honors," Rep. Brooks responded.

According to his Congressional page: "Mo graduated from Duke University in three years with a double major in political science and economics, with highest honors in economics. In 1978, he graduated from the University of Alabama Law School."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...essman_do_you_have_a_degree_in_economics.html

2. jem

jem

that is awesome. He delivered the line so calmly.
    I like the face she was making as she asked the question.

Like a courtney cox on sit com. Thinking she just kicked butt.

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

WTF is it with this network. First Chris Matthews soils himself on air live and now Brewer? I have nothing against a leftwing cable channel, but can't they find better hosts?

4. HAHAHAHAHAH, What a dumb ho.

5. JamesL

JamesL

What did you expect from BSNBC, honest discourse?

6. Max E.

Max E.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5mtQyEd-zS4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:D

7. The question was silly and the response was meaningless. An undergraduate degree in economics hardly makes someone an authority on the subject matter. I've taken economics courses at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. So what? You think a guy with a baccalaureate degree is an expert? Seriously? If you guys are getting a laugh here, you're just poseurs.

8. Arnie

Arnie

Ever thought of trying to get your money back? :D

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D LOL

10. Max E.

Max E.

It will never cease to amaze me that someone could actually study economics, and then become a supporter of big government, when even the most liberal economics teachers will tell you that government spends money in the most inneficient way possible.

#10     Jul 21, 2011