MSNBC,To Catch A Predator

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by William Rennick, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Yeah, what that guy said.

So, Jzlucas, or cash,"69"? you have to ask yourself;

So, your just legal age daughter wants to date some guy.....1, 2, 4, 5, 10 years older.....more?
    You know what im getting at here, you have your own ideas on the matter, and odds are they dont correspond with what you may think is right, nor what the law itself might say is ok.

Great, so you must have some idea as to how to deal with such a situation?

I think it's a valid question generally, maybe not in the context of this thread as such-but unfortunately, life forces you to think occasionally, id like to hear your responses on that.

#31     Aug 10, 2007
  2. "Just legal age" is a little different than if she was 13.
    *click, click...*

#32     Aug 10, 2007
  3. The difference is she's 18 and knows more about people, than she did when she was 14. Anything over 4yrs, I'd say "fuck off" to the guy because if he cant find someone his own age...it makes you wonder (he's probably not very mature). These jack-off's on msnbc dont LOVE the people they're meeting..they KNOW what they're doing is wrong. I'd feel better if my daughter was a lesbian (no joke), because men (most it seems) are sick pieces of shit.

#33     Aug 10, 2007
  4. I'm taking this out of context, but I'm 45 and my wife is 36. That's 9 years difference. When I was 18 she was 9. What does that make me?

It's a rhetorical question.

But the term "legal age" is not a static number. I have met 14 year old girls, right here in Idaho that had children themselves. Pregnant by age 13. It happens.

#34     Aug 10, 2007

5. Someday you will be 109 and your wife will be 100. What will the naysayers say then? "OMG! Silver914's wife is sooooo much younger!"

Some man I worked with has been married over 12 years to one of our coworkers and still is the last I knew. There was about 30 years age difference. He was about 35, his wife about 65 and ready to retire. That was 5 years ago. They appeared to be normal, healthy, happy people. No psychobabble issues BS.

#35     Aug 10, 2007
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

#36     Sep 10, 2007
  7. The man who shot himself was a piece of garbage. Glad he's not with us anymore. GO HANSEN! Thanks for making this country safer for the children!

#37     Sep 10, 2007
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

did you see the special?? did you see how they went to his house after the not under 18 person tried to get him to come even after 3 phone calls, and the guy said no...HANSEN is fucking it up, they have him getting the cops to do what he wants...too funny, sherrif is now in a hot seat and they are all getting sued.....most of the people wont see one day in jail..and its not because they shouldnt be in jail , its becuase the way they go about catching these guys...not one is read maranda rights when being questioned by hansen and virtually all of them are entrapped...most of the cases get tossed out...I for one want all these pervs thrown in jail..but hansen is actually working counter productive...just watch the special and ull see... peace big luc..

#38     Sep 10, 2007
  9. I hadn't thought about the miranda angle, but it is interesting. Cops aren't required to mirandize suspects until they are arrested or not free to leave, if a formal arrest has not been effected. That way, they can legally record undercover or sting operations. Here, it seems a pretty good argument could be made by defense attorneys that once these guys enter the house, they will be arrested so they should be mirandized at that point.

The broader point that concerns me, beyond the obvious entrapment aspects, is that one day sooner or later one of these guys is going to pull out a gun and start blasting away. Lot of risk to run for a TV show.

#39     Sep 10, 2007
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

#40     Sep 10, 2007