MSNBC,To Catch A Predator

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by William Rennick, Aug 6, 2007.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

the crime is the actual chat with an underage kid...who in fact is not really an underage kid...it is a girl who acts like a boy sometimes and is above 18 years of age...so this is like a super daily double when it comes to entrapment....

the funniest is some of the names used by the lervs when chatting and also when hansen reads to the pervs some of the things they chat about...

#21     Aug 7, 2007
  2. This is about the show itself. I'm not too impressed with the behavior of those that got caught.

More male bashing. Only men are entrapped of course. I can't see how they can criminalize attempting to communicate with a nonexistent minor.

Over the last few years there have been quite a few female teachers doing their students. I would like to see the show do a bunch of segments on female "perverts". How about entrapping 22yr old female teachers and setting them up with a nonexistent male student minor. But that would be wrong!

I'm tempted to write to Chris Hansen and NBC to seriously consider it. "Dear Chris Hansen, You know what would really turn me on and probably you too, is to see attractive female teachers that have never done anything wrong before get sent to prison..."

I've seen the show a few times, but I can't watch more than a few minutes of it at a time. Pretty disgusting setup. I bet everyone involved in the production of the show is really getting off on it.

It would not surprise me if the show is actually promoting, not discouraging it. Real pedophiles have such a mental problem that nothing will stop them anyway.

#22     Aug 7, 2007
  3. No shit piker, start livin it up you crazy bastard:D :D :D

ps. YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

#23     Aug 7, 2007
  4. The DISTRICT ATTORNEY who shot himself was attempting to "hook up" with a 13 year old boy. After reading the chat log, I, nor anyone else, should lose sleep over this individual.
    http://perverted-justice.com/

#24     Aug 8, 2007
  5. I am sorry if i found one part mildly entertaining only seen the show once, but the one i saw a guy walked into the house ass naked

So then Chris Hansen asks "so what exactly were you planning to do here"

The guy responded, "Oh i wasnt going to have sex with her or anything like that"

And chris hansons response was "can you see how that is tough for me to believe"

LOL FUNNIEST SHIT EVER!!!!!:D

#25     Aug 9, 2007
  6. I think there is merit to both sides of this arguement

Of course, Chris Hansen is entrapping people for his own self rightous exploitation

And yes, some of the more mature girls used as bait (such as the florida beach blonde) are pretty hot - the bait used on the show is actually *of legal age*, not underage

the internet has it's primrose path that leads people to do that which they might otherwise not due without the opportunity, i can sort of see how these guys get mixed up in it, and in some ways cringe watching them ruin their lives

nonetheless, if they showed up going after one of my nieces in one of my sibling's houses, would I want them to get busted?

yup

'jailbait' is not a new term, and they dont call it jailbait for nothing

if a guy doesnt want a dui, he doesnt drink and drive

and if he doesnt want to want to be a sex offender, he doesnt show up in a kid's home after having a sexual conversation

the hard truth is, it takes years to make your life

it only takes one day to ruin it

#26     Aug 10, 2007
  7. A 45yr old man trying to fuck a 14yr old girl is NOT normal for male or females. I feel no sorrow for those men, because they came with the intent to have sex (rape) a minor. I actually thought about starting my own such operation. Start up costs would be small and I could get TONES of money from advertisers and donations.

#27     Aug 10, 2007
  8. Amen.

#28     Aug 10, 2007
  9. Actually, it is, historically dozens of cultures worldwide operated on just this principle, and still do.
    Of course, thats largely to do with a mature man supposedly being;
    -healthy, or he wouldnt have lived that long
    -wealthy, for the purposes of dowry/being able to afford to be married
    -wise, due to being a codger

Of course, that has nothing to do with the legalistic paradigm your talking about, just saying.

#29     Aug 10, 2007
  10. We may be using "normal" in different senses. I believe that it is normal in the sense that it is a genetically programmed physiological response. It is not normal in that, in the usual course of development for males in contemporary American culture, at age 45 one would not find a 14 year old a satisfying partner. In that sense I suggested that these men are immature.

It is also normal, as acronym says, in the sense that it is a common and more or less accepted behavior in many cultures. (This seems to imply that the course of psychological development is culturally based, which opens out all sorts of interesting questions.)

I am certainly not condoning the behavior. I am evaluating it by a somewhat different standard. The intent to have sex is not rape. Forced sex is rape. These men (many of whom are much younger than 45) do not come with the idea to force sex upon a 14 year old. They come with an invitation from a 14 year old (so they think) to engage in consensual sex. I do feel sorry for them, or some of them, because I don't think the punishment fits the crime.

There are sexual crimes against children that will drive a normal male to intense anger with concommitant loss of compassion for the object of anger. My objection to the television program is that it conflates those crimes with a quite different sort of behavior. This tends to a detrimental loss of discrimination in the public, which can't afford to lose what little it has.

But I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe we should just crucify the poor bastards and have done with it.

#30     Aug 10, 2007