MSNBC Suspends Ed Schultz

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, May 25, 2011.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The current state of journalism in America is appalling. It is as though the quality of reportage is inversely proportional to the number of people that have access.

What we have right now is 90% of the media in the bag for the liberals and 10% in the bag for conservatives.

All the years Cronkite reported none of us could detect any affiliation or political bias. The guy revealed long into his retirement that he had been a flaming liberal the entire time. He managed to stick to facts, mostly, and delivered what amounted to unbiased reporting.

Dan Rather didn't seem quite up to that job. His blind hatred towards George Bush bubbled up all over his "reporting" to the point where he felt it was necessary to create false documents.

I remember when I used to rush home to watch Macneil Leherer (followed by Louis Rukeyser lol). I haven't seen any decent reporting since then.

#11     May 25, 2011
  2. BSAM

BSAM

The non-editorial parts.

#12     May 25, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

So MSNBC has real news? Really? Are you sure you are looking at the right channel? Can you please confirm with your local cable company that you have your channel settings correct. This is really hard to believe.

#13     May 25, 2011
  4. BSAM

BSAM

Mav, sometimes you get a little excited. You obviously have no media experience in your life. That's okay, but you need to try to observe the differences between "news" and "editorial segments".

Also, you are aware that "news" is not exclusive to coverage of Barack Obama, right? For example, coverage of a tornado disaster, etc. is way better on CNN or MSNBC than on FOX. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're a grown man, I assume, and you need to know.

#14     May 25, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

I would wager a dime to a dollar that I watch 5 times as much news as you do. I went to one of the top journalism schools in the country for Christ sake. I agree CNN has news, but I do not agree that MSNBC has news. I could give two shits about Obama news, usually change the channel when I see him on the screen. Just a reflex reaction. Nothing I can do about it. I just can't sit here and let you tell me that MSNBC qualifies as actual news. Fyi, I have plenty of media experience. I have no idea where that came from.

#15     May 25, 2011
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Yeah, okay....whatever. I know that you don't know what you are talking about. That's all that matters to me.

Sleep well friend.

#16     May 25, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Do you care to expand on that? Serious, don't talk shit man about something you know nothing about. You don't know me from a hole in the wall. I am willing to listen to why you think you know a f*cking thing about me. I'm all ears. Many people on this site actually do know me.

#17     May 25, 2011
  8. BSAM

BSAM

You're quite misinterpreting, just like you seem to be misinterpreting what is "news" and what is "editorial content". "Knowing you" has nothing to do with it. I'm just saying that in my opinion, you simply don't know what you are talking about in this particular area. If you are a certified genius otherwise, I'm happy for you.

People know you here? Good for you. Hope they send you something nice for your birthday. It's not about ego to me. Try to calm down. I wish you the best as well as a learning experience.

#18     May 25, 2011
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

I'm just trying to figure out what post on this thread made you think I don't know the difference between news and editorial content. I posted a link about Ed Schulz getting suspended and never claimed he was a news person. I was knocking the integrity of MSNBC because this is like the 15th incident they have had with someone on their network. And then you snap back I don't know what news is. This thread was never about news. So I ask again, which post on this thread led you to the conclusion that I don't know the difference between news and editorial content?

#19     May 25, 2011
  10. The guy is a fraud. His apology was insincere and nauseating. Fire his ass.

Rennick Trump out :cool:

#20     May 26, 2011