MSNBC Insinuates Traders Can Be Worse Than Psychopaths

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DemZad, Sep 28, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

Ya think???? :D

#21     Sep 28, 2011
  2. jem

jem

This is the rub.

Traders at banks like are frequently seen portraying themselves as the best and brightest.

However, many of us have seen them trading their own money. They seem to blow up bigger and more quickly than the average joe.

so we have always been skeptical of giving them any credit as traders.

I have also dealt with wall street bankers in the mergers and acquisition side of things. I never met a wall street banker with real integrity. They will lie in the most complicated manner, but they will lie.

Finally, I grew up in Greenwich... I knew some top individual traders and hedge fund guys. The guys that made real money had integrity and honor.

So my view is that integrity and honor indicate someone who has self cleared. And that part of being able to trade your own money properly is the ability to be honest with yourself.

I therefore conclude most wall street bankers could not trade their own money for a living.

#22     Sep 28, 2011
  3. Admittedly yes, I am a forum noob. Thanks for the trial by fire :)

#23     Sep 28, 2011
  4. A-No1

A-No1

Rip their fucking heads off and shit down their necks!

that's the spirit. :D

#24     Sep 28, 2011
  5. who isnt a psychopath?

much shorter list.

might even be empty

#25     Sep 28, 2011
  6. A-No1

A-No1

has any linebacker ever lived that apologize for a HIT on a quarterback?

they play same game don't they :D

#26     Sep 28, 2011
  7. 1 Billion Serial Killers

It is said that serial killers for example tend to have a history behind them, such as cruelty to animals as a young child, killing and disecting animals, anger and aggression, withdrawal from society and more - all present from a young age.

But there are atleast 1 Billion hunters in this world who kill animals for food everyday.

There are atleast 1 Billion people with anger and aggression and who are withdrawal from society and more.

Does this mean there are 1 billion potential serial killers in this world?

Middlle east countries or Muslim countries are perfect examples for 1 Billion serial killers.

But there are aggressive and dangerous people in all the countries. So there 2 billion potential serial killers in world society.

Atleast 4 Billion people are retard or have mental problems.

Look, what is going on in the world society under "Obama's false rule".

#27     Sep 28, 2011
  8. I was going to write a reply to Lindq, who quite clearly didn't actually understand what they meant by "traders". You've done a good job of putting it all together.

An independent at home "trader" is not the type of personality that would be under scrutiny. It's obviously the institutional level guys that are employed in the TBTF universe that are under the most scrutiny. How many examples have we seen of these guys who can basically bring down an entire bank with their sociopathology.

The independent guy has to live with his losses, so it's obviously an entirely different type of personality. The sociopaths that are betting billions for banks, hedge funds, etc., in most cases, have their downside capped and are free to just make these asymmetrical bets that can collapse entire economies.

#28     Sep 28, 2011
  9. lindq

lindq

You're guilty of the same hasty generalizations as the authors of the ridiculous "study" posted by the OP.

You hear of a 'few' rogue traders in the past decade, and draw a conclusion about thousands of others?

IMO, generalizations like this are a very bad and dangerous habit to get into.

#29     Sep 28, 2011