MSNBC and Keith Olbermann have ended their contract,

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mercor, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Mercor

Mercor

The surprise announcement comes as telecommunications giant Comcast is said to be near to closing its deal to acquire control of MSNBC parent NBC Universal from General Electric.

In a closing statement on his show, Mr. Olbermann said simply that it would be the last edition of the program. He offered no explanation other than on occasion, the show had become too much for him.

Mr. Olbermann thanked his viewers for their enthusiastic support of a show that had “gradually established its position as anti-establishement.”

MSNBC announced that “The Last Word” with Lawrence O’Donnell would replace “Countdown” at 8 p.m., with “The Ed Show” with Ed Schultz taking Mr. O’Donnell’s slot at 10 p.m. Mr. Olbermann did not discuss any future plans, but NBC executives said one term of his settlement will keep him from moving to another network for an extended period of time.

2. Perhaps Fox News will show the world how "fair and balanced" they are and hire Olbermann to partner with Sean Hannity.

3. Now that would be funny but olberman would be cut to shreds.

Kinda reminds me my favorite show on the weekends is fox bulls/bears.

I always feel for the liberal stooge selected ( to deliver the excuses/silliness) for the day.

4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

See a pattern here? Leftists implode.

My theory is that it takes a great deal of energy to constantly prevaricate, distort, warp, truncate and equivocate. All the things that liberals do are unsustainable from an energy standpoint.

5. pspr

pspr

And another one gone;

And another one gone;

Another one bites the dust;

6. In the REAL world...liberals fail!

7. YOU ARE FIRED!!

8. Since this is a trading site, George Soros 27%+ annualized since 1973. Noone will ever beat his record. Greatest trader ever.

Now why are the red states ranked at the bottom of the all the states when it comes to GDP per capita? Can't the poor and stupid produce anything of any real value?

9. Mercor

Mercor

Your talking about the Southern states.
    They have started tuning red only over the last 30 to 40 years completing the move about year 2000.

They have a 150 year legacy of Democratic control especially on the local level. Democratic mess up everything

10. We're using liberals and conservatives here, the names dem and republicans have changed over time but the stupidity of conservativism has always existed to degrade the human race.

An example, Lincoln was a republican, but was he a conservative or a liberal?

#10     Jan 22, 2011