msn email, ET, IB, bigcharts or QT infected

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by hoodooman, May 5, 2004.

1. After reading other threads today on virus infections, I checked my computer and found trojan Harnig.M. The above sites are the only places that I have been since I cleared my machine last night.

2. from a software that was meant to be a spyware detector and cleaner. I even paid for it!!! I am going to return it to them and request a full refund as I don't think that I can use something that cannot be trusted and that already cost me a lot in terms of time spent on fixing the problems caused by this virus. The program is called Spykiller.

3. what virus scanner did you use to check your machine?

i run AVG and have not one peep from it.

4. gaj

gaj

did you receive email via outlook? could have gotten trojan that way.

do you have a firewall on your machine?

have you updated windows with all the new updates (windowsupdate.microsoft.com)

i just removed trojan from someone's machine, it's a nasty virus. relatively easy to take care of, but it can be real dangerous.

(opens your machine up to spammers / stores keystrokes and passwords to send to another machine, depending on which strain of it).

5. Idoogye

Idoogye

I just (a few minutes ago) came on the board and opened this thread, whereupon this message from McAfee VirusScan popped up: "The File C:\WINDOWS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\CONTENT.IE5\WDM7452J\SHOWTHREAD[1].PHP was infected by the Exploit-MhtRedir.gen trojan and has been deleted to complete the Clean process."

The same thing happened when I opened the thread on Ryan Jones (with a different filename, of course), and then happened twice more when I came back to this thread. It hasn't happened on other threads (so far). Hmm.

:(

6. Hmmm this seems to be a problem specific to McAfee...

7. Imogene

Imogene

Yup I get that notice too from my virus software -think it's on one of the thread's -not good.

8. what is your virus software??? so we can check too!

9. Not at all, I got the same virus today and found it using Avant. I don't know if I got it here, but chances are it was the case...

10. Imogene

Imogene

My virus software is McAffee -I only get the notice on my pc at work -not on my Mac at home.

#10     May 5, 2004