Msft

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by nitro, Jul 11, 2008.

1. nitro

nitro

Ever since this ruling, VWM has been on a tear:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=vmw&=

I underestimated how the market would view this, and in retrospect I should have bought VMW too. That the market expected the ruling perhaps can be inferred from the lag in the stock price to the news, and yet, it took off almost a day later. CTXS has been going sideway in the meantime.

#51     Sep 8, 2009
  2. nitro

nitro

Took off part of the L CTXS/S MSFT spread trade. Percentwise, I am up very nicely, and I don't expect that MSFT will make a move for CTXS soon, so I think I am safe in hoping to be able to put this spread on again if CTXS pulls back.

If it doesn't and the deal goes through without me having full position on, it will be very foolish move on my part.

#52     Oct 8, 2009
  3. nitro

nitro

As expected (hoped), CTXS finally giving some back, and all the while MSFT going higher on the delivery of Win7. I added a little bit of L CTXS and S MSFT, but nowhere near full position. I will reevaluate tomorrow, but there is a strong chance I am full pos on again by EOD tomorrow in this spread.

#53     Oct 22, 2009
  4. nitro

nitro

Added more to spread position, but only a toe. I think we may selloff more next week, so I am dippng my toes in slowly to build full position again.

#54     Oct 23, 2009
  5. nitro

nitro

CTXS is overvalued short term imo by about $3 to $5.

It looks like MSFT is in no hurry to take over a virtualization company, if at all.

#55     Mar 8, 2010
  6. nitro

nitro

I don't know why MSFT isn't taking over the world. I am dead serious. I cannot believe the simplicity and power of their tools. I am truly astonished.

MSFT is doing in the software world what APPL is doing on the hardware end. This is not a stock recommendation because for some reason the stock doesn't move, but if there was a way to get royalties from MSFT tools (bite your tongue) MSFT would be a $200 stock.

People don't realize what a gift their current tools are, and I for one bow in deep respect over what they have done.

#56     Jun 26, 2011