MSFT, what to do?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Sharp2be, May 1, 2013.

1. shfly

shfly

MSFT...

The cup formation is around 5...add that to the breakout, and 36-38's in the card...6-12 months...

We might get a selloff someday in this market (have heard it happens every now and then;), and MSFT will probably sell off with the overall market, to around 30'ish...

#11     May 2, 2013
  2. wow, going back to $30 would be awful... didn't we just get a small pullback on the indices that ended Apr 22?

#12     May 2, 2013
  3. murrica

murrica

You don't want to take a bit off the table, just in case we retrace? As you pointed out, if we retrace to $30 that will eat up a lot of your profits.

Looks like 33.00 - 33.60 or so (where it currently is now) would be a good area to at least take *something* off the table. A break above 34 looks a bit more promising to me to support continuation, but until then I'd be interested in locking in some profits.

Anyway, good on you for not listening to random strangers on an internet message board. However, I do believe everyone who contributed to this thread does have your best interest at heart (that being, to help you protect, at least in part, your substantial unrealized gain).

Good trading.

#13     May 2, 2013
  4. ofthomas

ofthomas

just remember...

Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered

and options are not hard when you have the underlying...

assuming you close half your position, it will cost you $1500 to protect the remainder with a July 28/30 putspread ... your min profit would be around $7K, if it drops...

going on a cruise without a plan will be suicidal... IMO of course...

#14     May 2, 2013
  5. shfly

shfly

We did...just a couple of days though...and straight up again. We're coming into a weaker time of the year than the last six months, lots of headwinds, i.e. EU, China, US etc. etc.

It might not correct to the 30 mark, if it can hold 31, I'd be really surprised. Again, it would depend on what the markets do this summer, and especially this fall.

But at the moment, the FED has our backs...;)

#15     May 2, 2013
  6. A decision has been made, will sell 4,500 shares @ 4.2 profit / share = $18.9k, but will move the money to another equity...

#16     May 2, 2013